- Quiet, scenic location on a 1,000-foot private beach
- Eco-friendly seagrass net offshore to keep the beach clean
- Private two- and three-bedroom townhouse-style units with big balconies and ocean views
- Lots of on-site amenities, including three pools (one adults-only)
- Water sport rentals are available at the beach
- Private marina where boat sightseeing tours are offered
- Butterfly Café serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Oceanfront tiki bar offers a great place to sip cocktails with a water view
- Some rooms have full-size kitchens
- Free Wi-Fi and free self-parking
- Guests will need a car to explore outside of the resort and surrounding islands
- There is no spa on the property, although massages appointments are available
- Not all rooms have updated shower heads and bathroom fixtures
- Room service is not served 24 hours a day (limited hours only)
- Rates soar during the holidays and high season
- No valet parking available
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A tropical resort with private beach
Situated on a grand circle driveway, the front of the lobby looks like the entrance to a Victorian mansion, with a wide Southern porch and double doors that lead to the lobby. Inside there is a lavish floral arrangement in the center of the room that sits on a square blue floral rug. The atmosphere is elegant and refined, from the lobby to the individual "homes" that offer a more private feel than a typical hotel. Suites have wide porches with Adirondack chairs with water views.
A resort hideaway in Marathon
Located on Marathon, Tranquility Bay is situated about an hour from Key West in the lower Florida Keys. For guests who want to stock the kitchen (there are full-size refrigerators and stoves in the suites) there is a grocery store located about a mile and a half away from the resort. Though there are restaurants nearby, none are located within walking distance (besides Butterfly Cafe and TJ's Tiki Bar on property) and guests who want to explore will need a car to get around. Bahia Honda State Park, with its gorgeous stretch of public beach, is located about 12 miles away.
Two- and three-bedroom suites with ocean views
Set up in townhouse-style homes, two- and three-bedroom suites are available for families or groups. Many of the two-story units offer wide, private porches with Adirondack chairs facing the water. Some suites feature full-size kitchens with stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, and are fully stocked with cups, plates, cookware, and utensils. There are also newly added one-level studio rooms that do not have water views and are set back farther towards the highway. The one-bedroom studios offer more reasonable rates compared to the suites. Room rates vary widely depending on the season -- can be amazingly low during slow months and skyrocket during the holidays and winter months.
Rooms and Rates
Private beach, three pools, and breezy tiki bar
Situated on 12 acres, the Tranquility Bay offers so many amenities that guests rarely need to leave the resort. There’s a private beach that used to have a problem with seagrass washing ashore and littering the beach, but the resort constructed an eco-friendly seagrass fence offshore to keep the beach in pristine condition. There are multiple pools on the property, including an adults-only pool and a family-friendly lagoon shaped pool (both overlook the beach). Guests can rent kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, and waverunners on-site, or book a sightseeing tour -- boat tours leave from the resort’s private marina. TJ’s Tiki Bar, located on the beachfront, serves lunch and tropical drinks throughout the day. Butterfly Café serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a Sunday brunch. There is a 24-hour gym, free parking, and free Wi-Fi. While massage appointments are available upon request in the rooms, there is not an on-site spa.
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||2600 Overseas Hwy, Marathon 33050, United States|