- Discrete Chelsea location ideal for privacy and quiet
- Knightsbridge and Sloane Square shopping nearby
- Huge suites with cozy living areas, kitchens, and fireplaces
- 24-hour room service served with historic dumb waiter
- Warm touches like big bouquets of fresh flowers and afternoon tea
- Traditional English decor with extras like free Wi-Fi
- Keys to exclusive Cadogan Gardens available to guests
- Penhaligon's toiletries in all suites
- Old-fashioned decor not to everyone's taste
- No full service restaurant
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Discrete and old-fashioned with a warm staff
With 11 suites, the Durley House is an intimate boutique hotel that specializes in privacy. The largely unadorned, Georgian exterior leads to a comfortable interior that resembles an English country home. While it is cozy and charming, the old fashioned decor might not be to everyone's taste. The staff are warm and welcoming, and often remember the first name of their guests. The scene here is a relaxed one. Spacious suites provide an area to kick back and 24-hour room service -- including midnight snacks like popcorn -- will make it even easier to stay in.
A short walk from Sloane Square tube station, on the border of Knightsbridge and Chelsea
Formerly a bohemian quarter in the 19th century where artists, radicals, and poets used to convene, Chelsea now serves as a roost for investment bankers, film stars, and pop singers such as Kylie Minogue. The transformation is complete with King’s Road and Sloane Square now serving as favorite shopping spots for locals and visitors. Knightsbridge is primarily an affluent shopping and residential area, populated by well-heeled locals, businessmen, and visitors enjoying the neighborhood's shops. Durley House is only a 6-minute walk to Sloane Square and the King's Road shopping district and all of the top London attractions are easily accessible by tube.
- 6-minute walk to Sloane Square, Saatchi Gallery, and King’s Road shopping district
- 10-minute walk to Knightsbridge shopping district including designer shops and Harrod’s
- 12-minute walk to Hyde Park
- 15-minute walk to the Victoria and Albert Museum
- 12-minute tube ride to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 12-minute tube ride to South Kensington station, the Natural History Museum, and the Science Museum
- 16-minute bus ride to Notting Hill Gate and Portobello Market
- 17-minute tube ride to Piccadilly Circus and the theatre district
- 19-minute tube ride to Trafalgar Square, National Portrait Gallery, London ICA, Tate Modern, and the Southbank
- 20-minute tube ride to Covent Garden
- 20-minute tube ride to Green Park station and Buckingham Palace
Comfortable suites with an old-fashioned sensibility
There are a total of 11 comfortable suites at Durley House. Guests can choose between one-bedroom or two-bedroom suites, all with a sitting room, modern kitchen, and free Wi-Fi. Room service is available 24 hours a day and dining areas make it attractive to order in to the suite. The traditional English decor is cozy and welcoming. Suites are ideal for families or groups looking for a little extra space, and lovely touches like big bouquets of flowers make Durley House feel even more like a private residence. The most impressive suite here is the Durley Suite. This signature suite includes original period oil paintings and other traditional touches.
- The Queen Suite is the most basic option, clocking in at 45 square meters. It includes a queen bed, separate sitting room, and a gray and white marble bathroom.
- Luxury One Bedroom Suites have considerable more floor space and include a king bed, kitchen, and working marble fireplace.
- The Luxury Two Bedroom Suite is generously sized at 74 square meters and has two bedrooms, a sitting room, a kitchen, and a bathroom.
- The Deluxe Two Bedroom Suite is huge at 100 square meters, and has two large bedrooms, two sitting rooms, a kitchen, and two bathrooms.
- The Durley Suite is a signature suite that features a striking bedroom with black quilted walls and a large sitting room with dining area and original period oil paintings.
Rooms and Rates
Cozy sitting room and 24-hour room service
While the Durley House doesn't offer a full-service restaurant, it does have a cozy sitting room for enjoying afternoon tea or 24-hour room service, utilizing a historic dumb water. Hotel guests also have exclusive access to Cadogan Gardens.
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour room service
- Affordable afternoon tea
- View full list of amenities
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||115 Sloane Street London, England, SW1X 9PQ United Kingdom|
|Phone||440 (207) 235-5537|