- No pool
- No room service
- No fitness center
- Poor views -- parking lots, back alleys, dumpsters
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
In the colorful Art Deco District of South Beach, less than a three-block walk to a bustling section of the beach at Lummus Park
Suites on the Beach is located about three blocks south of the more swanky part of Collins Avenue -- near the Delano Hotel -- beside a number of other less-exciting, small-scale Art Deco hotels, like the Beachcomber. It's advantage: It's much quieter than the hotels along Ocean Drive (across the street from the beach) but still just a short walk from the great restaurants and shops along the Lincoln Road outdoor mall as well as several nightclubs.
Quaint, neon-lit South Beach (or "SoBe") might be the sexiest beach town in America. Just imagine: modeling agencies beside a broad topless beach. Outdoor bars and cafes line Ocean Drive's historic Art Deco District, where people watching is the draw -- flashy cars, rollerbladers, rainbow flags, and plenty of fake-boob bikini bodies. Chic clubs with especially discerning bouncers draw the fashion-industry elite, the occasional celebrity, and plenty of twentysomethings ready to party. Every local seems to be a model, DJ, publicist, broker, or homeless eccentric. It's not all glitz -- cheap Cuban sandwich joints, fishbowl-size discount margaritas, and Bud-Light-slinging dive bars peacefully coexist with the posh hotel lounges and famed fusion restaurants.
- Five-minute walk to the beach
- Valet parking available; $25 per night (common, for South Beach)
- 15-miute walk to Lincoln Road pedestrian mall
- 10-miute walk to the Miami Beach Convention Center
- 10-minute drive to Parrot Jungle Island and the Miami Children's Museum
- 20-minute drive or $35 taxi to Miami International Airport
- 35-minute drive or $65 taxi to Fort Lauderdale International Airport
- 20-minute drive to the Port of Miami
- Standard guest rooms (the Double and Queen Rooms) are large suites (hense the hotel's name) that have a kitchen area with a microwave, full-size fridge, breakfast table, coffeemaker, and utensils (but no stovetop for cooking)
- The Palm Suite -- a one-bedroom suite with a full-kitchen, including a stainless steel four-burner stove and oven and dishwaster -- is a bit larger.
- All room types have a balcony; views, however, are not very impressive.
- Large, 32-inch flat-screen TV
- Electronic safe, large enough for a laptop
- Smoking rooms available
- Free Wi-Fi
Rooms and Rates
Transport to / from Hotel
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||1330 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, Florida 33139 , United States|
|Also Known As||