- Convenient location in the heart of Downtown
- Decent-sized rooms with iPod docks and flat-screen TVs
- Marble bathrooms with big tubs, separate showers, and TVs
- Sleek on-site lounge and restaurant with outdoor seating
- Small fitness center has modern cardio and weight machines, and free fruit and water
- Lovely rooftop terrace
- Full-service business center on-site and several meeting rooms
- In-room spa services available
- Free Wi-Fi
- No pool or on-site spa
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Elegant downtown hotel attracts couples and business travelers
This elegant hotel wows upon entry into its light-filled lobby, with large windows, high ceilings, and an overall refined vibe. Considering its convenient downtown location and numerous meeting rooms, it's not surprising that this Loews attracts business travelers; but plenty of couples also stay here and frequent the hotel's restaurant. Families may want to consider the nearby Fairmont, also four pearls,which has a pool.
In the heart of Downtown Montreal, blocks from many major attractions
The hotel is located amid boutiques and restaurants, and is a block from the Eton Center, a major shopping mall. It’s half a block from Sainte-Catherine Street, one of the main thoroughfares in Montreal, lined with eateries and stores. There are three subway stations within five blocks of the hotel.
The downtown area, a popular destination for business travelers and tourists alike, is the lifeblood of Montreal. With both the Saint Lawrence River and Monteregian Hills as backdrops, this area of Montreal offers stunning views, not to mention a fast-paced nightlife, some of the city's best museums, and tall skyscrapers. It's also the home to McGill University, founded in 1821 and referred to as "the Harvard of Canada."
- 20-minute drive to Montreal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- 7-minute walk to Bell Center
- 14-minute walk to McGill University
- 16-minute walk to the Montreal Museum of Contemporary Art
- 7-minute drive to Sir George-Etienne Cartier Monument in Mont-Royal Park, or 17 minutes via public transportation
- 8-minute drive to the Montreal Convention Center, or 14 minutes by public transportation
- 8-minute drive to Musee du Chateau Ramezay, or 18 minutes via public transportation
- 8-minute drive to Old Montreal, or 18 minutes by public transportation
- 9-minute drive to the Montreal Museum of Archaeology and History, or 20 minutes via public transportation
Modern rooms with fresh decor and marble bathrooms
Rooms here are a decent size for the area, and are outfitted with plenty of tech-friendly amenities: iPod docks, flat-screen TVs (even in the bathrooms), and free Wi-Fi. But the decor is what really makes them stand out; a white-on-white color palette gives them a sleek look, and fun accents like funky pillows and framed prints of Vogue magazine covers give them a playful vibe. Marble bathrooms have separate showers and deep whirlpool tubs, as well as heat lamps for cold Montreal nights.
Rooms and Rates
A small fitness center and a rooftop terrace
Montreal can get quite chilly, but during warmer months the rooftop terrace is a lovely place to relax. The on-site restaurant also has outdoor seating, as well as a sleek lounge area. Business travelers have plenty of amenities available to them: a business center, free Wi-Fi, meeting rooms, and a small but modern fitness center. There's no on-site spa, but in-room spa services can be arranged.
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||1425 rue de la Montagne, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Z3, Canada|