- Stylish rooms with modern decor and balconies
- 42-inch flat-screen TVs with premium channels and Bose sound systems
- Rooftop restuarant and lounge
- Free breakfast delivery to rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
- 4 blocks from the subway lines into Manhattan
- Affordable rates
- Free parking
- Located on an industrial block with very few restaurants or attractions
- No amenities aside from a small business center
- 20-minute subway ride from Manhattan
- Bathrooms lack privacy
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Trendy, modern rooms and competitive rates help compensate for the outber borough location and lack of amenities
This stainless steel and glass hotel, opened in 2007, is located on a busy, industrial street on the edge of the brownstone-filled neighborhood of Park Slope. The hotel exudes ultra-modern, super-sexy style inside, and as the name suggests, blue is a prominent motif here: Blue accents fill the lobby, elevators, and hallways. A small yet bright lobby is tastefully decorated with a sleek marble front desk, low minimalist blue couches, and glass and wood veneer-paneled walls.
There are no real property features, aside from a business center, and the rooms are the real draw here. Each of the 48 units has exceptional design and modern luxuries. Details such as textured wallpaper, goose-down comforters, and Bose sound systems add to the high-end feel, and the sleek blue accents call to mind the rooms at the posh Mondrian SoHo. But they're significantly less expensive here. Rooms are spacious by Manhattan standards, each measuring around 300 square feet, and all but nine feature private balconies. Sure, the views are hardly breathtaking -- graffiti-clad buildings and a U-Haul facility overshadow the tiny Manhattan skyline in the distance -- but for those guests looking to save some cash, Hotel Le Bleu is one of Brooklyn's sexiest options.
Located along the western edge of the quiet yet trendy Park Slope neighborhood, near subway lines, great restaurants, Prospect Park, and the Brooklyn Botanic Garden
Hotel Le Bleu is surrounded by a medical center, taxi depot, U-Haul center, and other industrial businesses, so business and leisure travelers will find little of interest immediately nearby. But just a short walk away is one of Brooklyn’s finest attractions, Prospect Park, filled with ample recreation space and home to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden and Prospect Park Zoo. Plenty of the trendy and unique shops, restaurants, and bars are also within walking distance. Those staying in Brooklyn strictly for the cheaper rates can access Manhattan’s famous sights and attractions via the five subway lines located within six blocks; it's roughly a 20-minute ride into downtown Manhattan.
- 60-minute subway ride, or 30-minute drive, to JFK airport
- 90-minute subway ride, or 20-minute drive to LaGuardia airport
- Four-minute walk to D, N, and R subway lines; Five-minute walk to F and G subway lines
- 20-minute subway ride (five stops) to Manhattan
- 18-minute walk, 10-minute subway ride, or five-minute drive to Prospect Park
- 15-minute subway ride, or 10-minute drive, to Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- Yellow Cabs are scarcer in Brooklyn. If you need a car, you'll likely have to call a car service. Because these cars are typically unmetered, be sure to get a price quote in advance.
- If you want to take a Yellow Cab back from Manhattan, jump in the car before explaining where you're going. Some drivers are hesitant to drive to Brooklyn, but they are required by law to take passengers anywhere within the five boroughs of New York City.
Rooms have sexy, sleek design and plenty of freebies
At 300 square feet, all 48 of Hotel Le Bleu’s standard rooms are larger than the average New York City hotel room. However, small bathrooms offer very little in the way of privacy, with cramped one-sink vanities located just inches from the bed, and only a sliding frosted glass door dividing the toilet from the rest of the room. The large glass-enclosed tile showers are roomy and feature Grohe rainwater showerheads, and though the glass wall is open to the rest of the room, a small curtain can be drawn across it.
The design of the room maximizes the space, with modular shelving and a desk for storage of the majority of the amenities (city guides and magazines, a well-stocked mini-fridge and minibar, a coffeemaker, a small closet, a large flat-screen TV, Bose speakers, and an iPod alarm clock). The style of the rooms is colorful and modern, with furnishings from Kartel, cool blue accent lighting, and sleek white surfaces. The majority of rooms also have balconies, though only one folding chair is provided and the street and alley views leave much to be desired.
- Custom-designed orthopedic beds with Egyptian cotton linens
- Bose DVD surround sound systems and iPod alarm clocks
- 42-inch flat-screen TVs with 150-plus DIRECTV channels, including HBO and Starz
- Free local phone calls
- Minibars include snacks from Dean and Deluca, and the mini-fridges feature sodas, juice, Vitamin Water, Red Bull, Brooklyn Brewery beer, wine, and Absolut vodka.
- Spacious glass-enclosed showers feature rainfall showerheads and have privacy curtains, but there are no bathtubs
- Sunbeam coffeemakers with Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea packets
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Most units feature balconies, though some face the back of the hotel, with less-than-thrilling views of an alley and U-Haul depot.
- Air conditioners are remote-controlled window units
- Free weekday delivery of the New York Times
Rooms and Rates
Very few amenities -- just a small business center
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Free parking in a small, street-facing lot
- Rooftop Restaurant and Lounge
- A small business center with three computer stations, a printer, a conference table that seats six, and plenty of city guides
- Free refreshments upon arrival include two bottles of water and Pirate’s Booty snacks.
- Free breakfast delivery to rooms.
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||370 4th Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11215, United States|