- Indoor rooftop pool with retractable roof
- Excellent meeting and conference facilities
- Two American restaurants and bars, and a separate kitchen for Kosher meals
- Coffeemaker and Starbucks coffee packets in all guest rooms
- Large 24-hour fitness center with cardio equipment and weights
- Pets welcome (with refundable deposit); dog beds available for use
- 30-minute subway ride from Midtown Manhattan
- Daily fee for Wi-Fi in guest rooms and throughout hotel
- Daily fee for parking
- No minibar in lower-level rooms
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
For those looking for the comfort of a familiar name, the contemporary and clean Sheraton Brooklyn offers an affordable alternative to pricey Manhattan hotels.
Upon entering the 321-key Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, guests feel more like they've walked into a bustling lounge or business center than a hotel lobby. This is due to the hotel's Link@Sheraton feature, which comprises the bulk of the lobby, and features several computer and laptop stations equipped with free Internet and touch-screen computers. To the right of the entrance, two unassuming check-in counters give the space a casual feel.
Just off the lobby are two restaurants and bars -- one spacious and upscale, the other intimate and casual. In the center of the lobby is a grand spiral staircase, which leads to more than 6,000 square feet of elaborate meeting spaces and ballrooms featuring ornate chandeliers and a reception area.
While room decor may not be unique (this is a chain hotel, after all), visitors can count on clean and contemporary furnishings, larger-than-normal floor plans, and all of the conveniences of modern technologies.
On a quiet, if somewhat deserted, side street in Downtown Brooklyn within easy walking distance of several subway lines, eclectic restaurants and shops, and the Brooklyn Academy of Music
Located in the up-and-coming downtown Brooklyn neighborhood, this hotel sits mid-block on a quiet street just a two-minute walk from the nearest subway station. Those looking to enjoy Brooklyn's local flavor will find shopping and restaurants within easy walking distance on nearby Hoyt and Fulton streets. Also easily accessible: an art museum, botanical garden, several parks, and the borough's famous Brooklyn Flea Market, just a few subway stops away. A 10-minute walk to the major hub, Atlantic Terminal, provides access to more subway lines for quick trips to virtually all of Manhattan's famous sites and attractions.
- 60-minute subway ride, or 30-minute drive, to JFK airport
- 75-minute subway ride, or 25-minute drive, to LaGuardia airport
- 2-minute walk from 2 and 3 subway lines; 10-minute walk to the 4, 5, B, Q, D, N, and R subway lines
- 9-minute subway ride (3 stops) to Manhattan
- 10-minute walk to Brooklyn Museum
- 15-minute subway ride, or 8-minute drive, to Wall Street
- 15-minute subway ride, or 8-minute drive, to Battery Park
- 20-minute subway ride, or 10-minute drive, to Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- 20-minute subway ride, or 10-minute drive, to Prospect Park
- Yellow Cabs are scarcer in Brooklyn. If you need a car, you'll likely have to call a car service. Because these cars are typically unmetered, be sure to get a price quote in advance.
- If you want to take a Yellow Cab back from Manhattan, jump in the car before explaining where you're going. Some drivers are hesitant to drive to Brooklyn, but they are required by law to take passengers anywhere within the five boroughs of New York City.
Clean and comfortable rooms feature contemporary, if unexceptional, decor
Completed in late 2010, the Sheraton Brooklyn's 321 rooms are clean and contemporary, although somewhat bland, and feature 42-inch plasma TVs and iPod-docking alarm clocks. Crisp white linens cover ultra-comfortable down-filled pillows and Sheraton-brand beds, and a bright red chair at the desk adds the only punch of vibrant color in the room.
Booking a Club Level room will grant you unlimited access to the Club Lounge, which features free daily breakfast and afternoon hors d'oeuvres, as well as a computer and printer, ample lounge space, and 24-hour coffee and tea. Club Level rooms also include additional bath products (mouthwash, shaving kit, and body wash), free bottled water, and a bathrobe. Ask for a west-facing room and you'll enjoy views of the East River and maybe even a glimpse of the Statue of Liberty.
- Standard rooms are spacious by New York standards. For even more space, book a one- or two-bedroom suite, which includes a separate sitting room with additional flat-screen TV. A few suites also include private terraces.
- No minibar in Standard Rooms, but coffeemakers and Starbucks coffee packets are in every room
- iPod docking station and radio alarm clock
- Large 42-inch flat-screen TVs
- Suites and Club Rooms include a wet bar and refrigerator
- Club Level rooms have access to the Club Lounge
Rooms and Rates
- Small pool and Jacuzzi with retractable roof, although it is shared with the adjoining Aloft Hotel and is only open during limited hours
- Modern fitness center with cardio equipment, free weights, and Sheraton Fitness' Core Performance workout program
- Free Internet use in the computer-filled lobby, though fees apply for Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- A rooftop lounge featuring ultra-hip interiors, a spacious glass-enclosed courtyard, and incredible views of both Brooklyn and Manhattan.
- 24-hour valet service (for a fee)
Two American restaurants, each with their own bar, provide two distinct dining settings
The Sheraton Brooklyn has two restaurants and two bars. The mood is slightly upscale at the cavernous Grubstake, which features a dimly lit lounge area, extra-long bar, and tables covered in white linens. More laid-back is the Brooklyn Cafe lobby bar, whose floor-to-ceiling windows face the street, allowing plenty of bright light into the brick-wall dining area and bar.
- Grubstake serves American fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day.
- The Grubstake Lobby Lounge serves beer, wine, and cocktails
- Brooklyn Café serves lunch and dinner daily. The cafe also features a small bar.
- The Brooklyn Terrace is a rooftop lounge servecs cocktails and light fare every evening, with views of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||228 Duffield Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201, United States|