- Beautiful beachfront location in Nuevo Vallarta
- Sweeping ocean views from west-facing rooms and suites
- Spacious rooms with flat-screen TVs, suites with contemporary kitchens
- Access to Mayan resort pools, restaurants, and golf
- Charming, attractive lobby bar with great cocktails
- Manicured grounds including lush gardens
- Rooms have big balconies with plush lounge furniture
- Decor made up of soothing colors, bright white, and natural materials
- No restaurants, gym or spa currently on-site; all located at sister resorts
- Pushy time-share sales
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Luxurious resort that so far feels incomplete
The Grand Bliss will be a great destination resort, but it isn't quite complete yet. Currently it depends on other nearby Mayan properties for services and amenities, forcing guests to walk between the properties. The Bliss is more luxurious than the Grand Mayan, and less luxurious than the Grand Luxxe, occupying its own specific niche. At the moment it is lacking in facilities, as the gym, spa, and restaurants are all located at the other properties. The pool, however, is open and is a wonderful area to take a dip. Construction noise is ongoing and some guests complain about this inconvenience. If there is a scene at this hotel, it can be found in the elegant lobby bar -- the Grand Vista -- in the back of the building where its curving facade opens onto gardens and lagoons.
On a secluded beach in Nuevo Vallarta
Nuevo Vallarta offers lovely, secluded beaches and many fine hotels along the beach and on nearby golf courses, but it is a bit far from Puerto Vallarta. To reach Nuevo Vallarta from the airport, venture north for 15 minutes and cross the Ameca River via the Punta Ameca bridge. This bridge connects the states of Jalisco to the south and Nayarit to the north. In the southwest corner of Nayarit, on the beach, is Nuevo Vallarta. Once inside the gate of the Mayan hotels, the hotel lobby is another 2-3 minutes away.
- 10-minute cab ride to the Puerto Vallarta airport
- 15-minute cab ride to Marina Vallarta
- 20-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta
Spacious rooms, some with wonderful ocean views
The Grand Bliss offers spacious, comfortable, well-appointed rooms and suites with wonderful ocean views on one side, and a golf course and mountain views on the other. Similar to all the Mayan properties, the Bliss has three room types: the room, the suite, and the master suite that combines the other two. All of the Bliss rooms feature natural wood textures and natural, pale-toned fabric finishes on modern furniture, including an ashwood dining set (in the suites). An extra perk of the suites is a contemporary kitchen with stainless steel appliances.
The atmosphere here is light, white, modern, and more spacious than the Grand Mayan, although the basic layouts are the same.
- Views are west toward the ocean or east over the golf course and gardens to the mountains (east-facing rooms also overlook the construction site for the Palacio Mayan central check-in building).
- Master room has two double beds or one king bed, plus two trundle bed sofas in living room area.
- Work desks
- Flat-screen TVs in bedrooms and living room areas
- Etro toiletries in bath
- Double-size tile shower
- In suites, Jacuzzi tubs in room and on the deck
- In suites, kitchenette with stove top, microwave, stainless appliances, service for four or more
Rooms and Rates
Luxurious atmosphere, but incomplete amenities
While the Grand Bliss has created a luxurious and serene environment, the hotel is currently incomplete as a result of its lack of amenities. Guests can use the gym, and restaurants of neighboring hotels, but a walk is required. The pool has opened, and is a lovely place to take a dip. The best features of this hotel are the big balconies and ocean views, and the golf course.
No restaurants on-site, but plenty at nearby Mayan properties
Currently there are no restaurants at the Grand Bliss, but there is an appealing lobby bar and a casual lunch spot by the pool. There are many restaurants to choose from at the other Mayan properties, and room service is available too. Golf carts and mini-trams connect the hotels. In some cases, restaurant hours can be seasonal. The following includes what to expect from restaurants at the other Mayan properties.
- Café del Lago at Mayan Palace: Breakfast buffet
- Punta Arena at Grand Luxxe: Beachside restaurant serving seafood for dinner
- Epazote at Grand Luxxe: Mexican food in the lobby
- Balche at Mayan Palace: Poolside snacks
- Blue Fish at Grand Luxxe: Poolside lunch
- Samba at Grand Mayan: Poolside lunch
- Gong at Grand Mayan: Asian fusion by the golf club
- Balance at Grand Mayan: Healthy snacks by the gym/spa
- Havana Moon at Mayan Palace: Beachside restaurant serving Asian/Caribbean fusion cuisine for dinner
- Tramonto at Grand Mayan: Italian fine dining for dinner
- Ola Mulatta at Grand Mayan: Snacks/lunch by wave pool and beach
- Assorted poolside bars
- Lobby bars in every hotel (including the Grand Bliss)
- Library bar, by Tramonto restaurant, at the Grand Mayan
Transport to / from Hotel
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Av Pasedo de las Moras, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico|