- Downtown location right on the River Walk and near the Alamo
- Some rooms have beautiful views of the Alamo
- Rooftop pool and Jacuzzi with 360-degree city views
- Jazz club featuring the renowned Jim Cullen Jazz Band
- Excellent barbecue at chic Q Restaurant, and bagels at Einstein Bros.
- Electronic self check-in
- Slow elevators
- Expensive parking fees
- Fee for in-room Wi-Fi
- Some room windows face atrium and elevators
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Luxury chain with stunning views of the River Walk and amenities appealing to both families and business travelers.
With a 16-story atrium lobby that soars over the River Walk's bustling waterways, the Hyatt Regency gives visitors a sense of being right in the midst of Downtown San Antonio's action. The front desk, lobby, bar, and restaurant areas all offer views of the surrounding river, while a lookout point provides a cool perspective of the rippling water below. The atrium's glass elevators feature panoramic views, but are slow and showing their age. Some rooms face the interior of the building, while others face outward to the street. Some guests in interior-facing rooms have complained about noise and reduced privacy, since they are exposed to the atrium and elevators.
The chain's kid-friendly features include family movie viewings on select nights and a San Antonio scavenger hunt activity with a 20 percent family meal discount offer for Q Restaurant.
The Hyatt Regency offers the best of both worlds, with the River Walk literally running beneath it and the Alamo located just down the street.
Located right in the heart of Downtown San Antonio, the Hyatt Regency features an artificial waterway that runs through the ground floor of the property and connects to the River Walk's larger channel that is flanked by restaurants and bars. San Antonio's famous historic landmark -- the Alamo -- is a five-minute walk away, as is the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center.
San Antonio is a cultural city, with Latin communities and outdoor markets in La Villita, the oldest neighborhood in San Antonio. During the summer, festivals are held almost every week and flamenco dancers often perform. To escape the oppressive summer heat, the young and hip cool down with margaritas on River Walk, a winding street lined with restaurants and bars, while families opt to visit theme parks such as Splash Town and Six Flags. San Antonio is particularly kid-friendly, with numerous amusement parks, bike paths, HemisFair Park (park and convention center complete with gardens and playgrounds), and a zoo.
- 12-minute-drive to San Antonio International Airport
- 1-minute-walk to the River Walk
- 5-minute-walk to the Alamo
- 5-minute-walk to Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
- 8-minute-walk to La Villita park
- 10-minute-walk to Tower of the Americas
- 5-minute-drive to the Alamodome
- 5-minute-drive to the King William Historical District
Comfortable and modern, though some feel dark or have windows exposed to the atrium and elevators
Rooms at the Hyatt Regency fuse classic elements with contemporary decor, featuring dark wood furniture, rich leather chairs, muted gold accents, and neutral tones of grey, brown, and beige throughout. Soft lighting creates a vibe that comes across as cozy for some guests, but too dark for others. Bathrooms feature granite countertops and Portico toiletries. Customized rooms for disabled guests include grab bars on tub walls and shower chairs.
Street-side rooms offer views of the Alamo, River Walk or the city and generally offer more privacy and less noise than interior-facing rooms, which are exposed to the atrium and elevators.
- iPod docks and Wi-Fi
- 37-inch flat-screen TVs
- Street-side rooms facing east have best Alamo views
- Some complaints of noise and lack of privacy in interior-facing rooms
- Coffeemakers with free coffee and tea
- Mini-fridges and microwaves
Rooms and Rates
- Fitness center with cardio and weight machines, in addition to free weights
- Rooftop pool, Jacuzzi, bar, and deck with 360-degree city views
- More than 40,000 square feet of event space, including the Lone Star Palace with full catering kitchen and outdoor patio facing the Alamo
- DASA Spa with Aveda concept treatments
- Paid underground self-parking or valet parking, with in-and-out privileges
- Fee for in-room Wi-Fi
- Business center with printing, photocopying and faxing services. Fees apply.
- View Full List of Amenities
- Q Restaurant serves three meals a day in a chic atmosphere. The culinary focus is barbecue -- from Argentinean churrasco to European rotisserie-style -- and diners can watch dishes being prepared in the open kitchen. Lunch buffet from Monday through Friday and happy hour with appetizer specials from Sunday through Thursday.
- Landing Jazz Club features Texas-style cuisine and performances by the renowned Jim Cullen Jazz Band.
- Einstein Bros. Bagels around the corner from front desk
- Poolside bar
- Room service until late
- Several good restaurants within walking distance
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
|Address||123 Losoya Street, San Antonio, Texas 78205, United States|