- Ski-in/ski-out access, and ski lift to Northstar-at-Tahoe resort
- Big, modern rooms with deep soaking tub and gas fireplaces
- Ideally located for all the slopes-oriented winter and summer activities guests could want
- Beautiful mountain views throughout the property
- Full-service spa with beauty salon
- Heated pool and Jacuzzis are open year round
- 3 restaurants and lounges, including acclaimed fine dining
- Well-equipped conference facilities
- Valet parking is mandatory, for a fee
- Fee for Wi-Fi
- Resort fee
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A luxury resort in a picturesque moutain setting
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is the only five-pearl resort in North Lake Tahoe and the only large resort built in the area in the last decade (the hotel opened in 2009). The setting in the mountains above Northstar-at-Tahoe resort makes it possible to ski to the slopes and then return later in the day via a large gondola. To make the skiing even easier, a team of ski valets handles gear that is stored and cleaned before being delivered back to guests when they return to the slopes.
Construction of the Ritz-Carlton was done using environmentally friendly practices such as using recycled wood and stone from the original plot of land, and as a result the resort has a silver LEED certification. Upon entering the impressive building, the lobby reveals an ascending stairway that leads to the huge Living Room, featuring three-story windows and a 55-foot fireplace tower. Views of the Martis Valley to the East are stunning, and The Highlands Bar serves drinks to guests wanting to take in the scenery or sit in the sunlight.
A 16,000-square-foot spa offers a complete range of treatments and a pair of lap pools. The hair salon has amazing views of the mountains from its chairs, and the massage rooms feature cork floors and iPod-compatible massage tables. Outside, a large heated pool and a trio of Jacuzzis remain open year-round (all pools are saline rather than chlorinated) and sit in view of the slopes.
Nine miles from Lake Tahoe near Northstar-at-Tahoe ski resort
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is located nine miles west of Lake Tahoe near the Northstar-at-Tahoe ski resort.
Lake Tahoe is one of the premier four-season destinations in the country, offering a beautiful combination of clear skies, heavy winter snows, and the blue lake waters backed by the picturesque Sierra Nevada Mountains. Tahoe is an outdoor-lover's paradise offering activities such as camping, fishing, kayaking, white-water rafting, rock-climbing, golfing, hiking, mountain biking, skiing, and snowboarding.
With winter snow often measuring 300 to 500 inches annually, the ski resorts at Tahoe are among the most reliable and exciting in the country. Known for steep vertical drops, open bowls, and some challenging terrain (along with family-friendly runs), Tahoe's collection of ski resorts draws thousands each winter. Despite the snowy conditions, the area usually gets more than 300 sunny days a year. But because of the snow, a four-wheel-drive vehicle is recommended here in winter.
Lake Tahoe is divided across California and Nevada, with 70 percent in California. Because of this, Tahoe is generally spoken of as two distinct areas, North and South Lake Tahoe. South Tahoe is known for its gambling (which is legal in Nevada) and nightlife, while North Tahoe is generally quieter with more of a " mountain personality."
When traveling to the area there are some things to keep in mind: The elevation of the lake is more than 6,000 feet, and the ski resorts surrounding the lake have runs that begin at 10,000 feet. Be careful when engaging in physical activity before acclimating, which usually takes a couple days, as the thin air means the body will need to work harder.
Also, black bears have become a persistent problem around Lake Tahoe. They often break into parked cars and empty buildings looking for food, and are even sophisticated enough to recognize coolers and other signs of food by peering into windows. It's best to remove all food, toiletries, and anything else that may stimulate a bear's keen sense of smell from your vehicle while staying overnight at Tahoe. No locked door or window will stand up to a hungry bear looking for free Cheetos or a sandwich.
- 1-hour drive to the Reno/Tahoe Airport
- 2-hour-15-minute drive to Sacramento Airport
- 10-minute drive to Northstar-at-Tahoe resort
- 20-minute drive to Truckee
- 25-minute drive to Incline Village
- 40-minute drive to Tahoe City at Lake Tahoe
- 40-minute drive to Squaw Valley USA
- 1-hour-15-minute drive to Emerald Bay at Lake Tahoe
- 1-hour-15-minute drive to South Lake Tahoe
Big, modern rooms with deep soaking tubs and mountain or pool views
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe offers 170 lovely rooms with identical amenities including iPod dock radios, gas fireplaces, and balconies. Beds feature 400-thread-count linens and duvets. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer views of either the pool or the mountains of the Martis Valley. Bathrooms are large and feature deep soaking tubs, marble counters, and double vanities.
- iPod docks and flat-screen TVs
- Gas fireplaces
- Balconies with either pool or mountain views
- Marble bathrooms with deep soaking tubs
- In-room safes are big enough for laptops
- Fee for Wi-Fi
Rooms and Rates
Excellent amenities for skiers, as well as business travelers
- Ski-in/ski-out access and gondola transportation to Northstar-at-Tahoe
- Three heated pools and three Jacuzzis
- Ski valets and a mountain concierge for activities
- Kid-friendly activities, including an arcade
- S'mores and hot chocolate fireside at outdoor fire pits
- Hiking and mountain biking in summer
- 16,000-square-foot spa
- 15,000 square feet of meeting space
- Mandatory valet parking, for a fee
- Shuttle service, for a fee
- Wi-Fi, for a fee
- Dog-friendly, for a fee
- View Full List of Amenities
Three dining options on-site
- Manzanita is a fine dining restaurant that serves French-inspired California cuisine for lunch and dinner. Celeb chef Traci Des Jardins serves organic and locally grown food when possible. Outside seating is available.
- MountainBlue is a casual, counter-service restaurant serving American food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The Living Room bar serves contemporary American light fare, entrees, cocktails, and an extensive wine list for lunch and dinner.
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Gameroom / Arcade
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||13031 Ritz-Carlton Highlands Court, Truckee, Lake Tahoe (California) 96161-4306, United States|