- Convenient, central location in Telluride near the gondola
- Big, modern rooms with marble bathrooms and large tubs
- All rooms have cozy fireplaces, balconies, and free Wi-Fi
- Large rooftop hot tub with gorgeous mountain views
- Underground parking (a perk during snowy winter months)
- Free continental breakfast and on-site restaurant, Oak
- Condos offer full kitchens, washer/dryers, and living rooms
- Atmosphere spa open 7 days a week
- Somewhat disjointed decor
- Some complaints of noise in units that face San Juan Street
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Busy nightlife, especially in the ski season
Telluride is a popular destination -- even in the off season -- and since Camel’s Garden is just steps from the gondola, this area is always busy with locals and tourists. The hotel’s restaurant and bar is the closest watering hole to the lift, and especially during ski season it can be tough to get a table. While this buzz might be attractive to some visitors, others that are serious about rising early for skiing might find the nightlife element here a nuisance. The relaxed side of the hotel can be found at the rooftop hot tub with sweeping mountain views. Camel's Garden is also home to eight condos with kitchens, dining tables, and living areas, offering great space for groups that want to make their own fun.
Steps from the gondola and walking distance to downtown Telluride
Telluride was once one of Colorado’s best kept secrets -- not only for its beautiful location, but for its world-class skiing as well. Located in a box canyon, Telluride is enclosed by tall cliffs on three sides, with iconic Bridal Veil Falls (visible from Colorado Avenue) at the far end of the canyon. The town of Telluride connects with Mountain Village (the true base of the ski runs) by a gondola that is free in the summer and costs a fee in the winter.
Resting in the San Juan mountain range in the southwest corner of the state, Telluride can be hard to get to. It's located over 300 miles from any major metropolis, and it would take many hours to drive from Denver International Airport or Salt Lake City. Luckily, Telluride has a regional airport, and travelers can also fly into relatively nearby to Montrose and take the hour-and-a-half shuttle ride to town.
- 15-minute drive from Telluride Regional Airport
- 1-hour 30-minute drive from Montrose Regional Airport
- 6-hour drive from Denver International Airport
- Just steps from the gondola to the ski lifts
- 3-minute walk to Colorado Avenue and downtown Telluride
- 14-minute drive to Telluride Brewing Company
Gas fireplaces, luxurious bathrooms, and scenic balconies
Units at Camel's Garden are split into two categories: condos and traditional hotel rooms. Condos are individually owned, and therefore all have different decor, fixtures, and appliances. The condos are best for groups, since the one-, two-, and four-bedroom units can accommodate up to 10 individuals. All condos have balconies, fireplaces, full kitchens, and bathrooms in every bedroom. Hotel rooms range from 385 to 590 square feet with suites topping out at 840 square feet.
All units -- condos and hotel rooms -- have bathrooms with over-sized tub/shower combos, granite or marble vanities, and plush bathrobes. Other standards include iPod docks, free Wi-Fi, gas fireplaces, and balconies.
- Bathrooms with over-sized tub/shower combos
- Gas fireplaces
- Free Wi-Fi
- iPod docks
- Decor in hotel rooms is consistent; varies in privately owned condos
Rooms and Rates
Full service spa, ski rental, and free underground parking
Beyond the convenient location, Camel's Garden is also appealing for its features. A large outdoor, year-round hot tub is located on the second story and offers incredible mountain views. Adjacent to the hot tub is a steam room and a large indoor lobby features free continental breakfast every morning with fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, coffee, and more. A full service spa and a ski/snowboard rental shop are also perks at this hotel. With free Wi-Fi and free underground parking, this hotel offers good value in a central location.
- Large outdoor year-round hot tub
- On-site spa open 7 days per week
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free continental breakfast
- Ski and snowboard rentals at Telluride Sports
- Ski valet and ski storage
- Free underground parking
- View full list of amenities
Great apres-ski scene in Oak restaurant
Oak Restaurant has an inviting outdoor patio that is ideal for soaking up the sun in summer or enjoying the thriving apres-ski scene in the winter months. This restaurant is the closest watering hole to the gondola and attracts skiers going to and from the slopes. Known for beer, bourbon, and barbecue, this spot is busy beyond the ski season as well.
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||250 West San Juan Avenue, Telluride, Colorado 81435, United States|