- Great Mountain Village location near the gondola
- An upscale inn with only 32 suites provides a quiet atmosphere
- All units have fully equipped kitchens, fireplaces, and balconies
- Two outdoor year-round hot tubs with great mountain views
- On-site ski/snowboard rentals from Christy Sports
- Use of spa and fitness center at nearby Hotel Madeline
- Bathrooms with soaking tubs and separate stall showers
- Free Wi-Fi
- Some decor in individually owned suites could use an upgrade
- No fitness center, pool, or spa, but guests can use amenities at Hotel Madeline
- Fee for valet parking
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A serene, upscale inn with traditional alpine decor
This upscale inn has just 32 suites, offering guests a quiet atmosphere. The exposed pine logs and wood floors of this mountain lodge are welcoming and serene, setting the stage for a peaceful getaway. While buzzing nightlife can be found elsewhere in Telluride, there is some action at the seasonal on-site restaurant, Siam’s Talay Grill. In addition, larger units with complete kitchens allow couples and families dine in during their trip.
Perched above Telluride in Mountain Village, a 20-minute drive from downtown
The Inn at Lost Creek is located in Mountain Village, perched 800 feet above downtown Telluride near the ski slopes. A gondola serves as the main transportation between the towns. While Mountain Village gives visitors easier access to the slopes and offers ski-in/ski-out access without the use of a gondola, it caters only to tourists and doesn't even have a grocery store. The town is built like a European skiing village with a handful of different plazas packed with restaurants, bars, and other entertainment.
The Inn sits in the middle of Mountain Village, just off Mountain Village Boulevard, next to Lumiere. Since it sits at a higher elevation than Telluride and is not in a canyon, views are dramatic and endless, especially from the balconies.
- 20-minute drive from Telluride Regional Airport
- 1-hour, 40-minute drive from Montrose Regional Airport
- 6-hour drive from Denver International Airport
- 8-minute walk or ski to the ski lifts
- 11-minute drive to Telluride Brewing Company
- 20-minute drive (or take the gondola) to Colorado Avenue and downtown Telluride
Variety of room types, from studio to two-bedrooms all with kitchens
The Inn at Lost Creek is a full condo rental property with no traditional hotel rooms. Guests choose between studios, three types of one-bedrooms, and two-bedroom condos. All units are great rentals for extended stays and include a sleeping area, sitting area, dining room, and fully equipped kitchen (or in the studios, a kitchenette). Because units are individually owned, the decor can vary, but most have a cozy lodge feel. Most units have granite countertops, marble bathrooms with steam showers, and pull-out sofa sleepers. Units aren't quite luxury rentals, but they do offer everything guests need for a short or extended stay.
All units have free Wi-Fi, coffee and tea, terrycloth robes, and slippers. Kitchenettes have small cooktops and instant hot water taps while larger units have a four-burner range, full-size fridges, and dishwashers.
- Variety of unit sizes: studios, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom condos
- Free Wi-Fi
- Terrycloth robes and slippers
- Fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes (studio only) with instant hot water taps, cook tops, and fridges
- Marble bathrooms with soaking tubs and steam showers
- Gas fireplaces
- Most units have balconies or patios
Rooms and Rates
Two hot tubs with mountain views
The Inn at Lost Creek is small in comparison to other local properties and only offers basic features. On the uppermost level of the inn there are two outdoor, above-ground hot tubs with great mountain views. The inn also has a ski/snowboard shop -- Christy Sports -- in the same building. While the inn doesn't have a pool or fitness center, guests are welcome to use the facilities at Hotel Madeline, including a fitness center, year-round indoor pool, and spa.
- Two rooftop, above ground hot tubs with mountain views
- Ski/snowboard rentals on-site at Christy Sports
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel
- Use of the Hotel Madeline’s fitness center with cardio machines and free weights
- Indoor, year-round pool at the Hotel Madeline
- Spa treatments can be reserved at the Spa Linnea at the Hotel Madeline
Siam's Talay Grill is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
The Inn at Lost Creek has one on-site dining option, Siam’s Talay Grill, open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The restaurant closes for a few weeks every year during the shoulder season, like many other hotel restaurants in Telluride.
Transport to / from Hotel
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||119 Lost Creek Lane, Telluride, Colorado 81435, United States|