Reef Residences on Grace BayProvidenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands
Flights for this trip with Skyscanner.com
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 7 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
No one will try to convince you that this 24-unit condo-hotel is a luxury property. With very few amenities and large but dated suites, it's the affordable price tag that will lure most guests. For those travelers looking for a comfortable night’s stay and not a drop a pretense, Reef Residences gets the job done.
In place of a proper lobby, a small office at the front of the property houses a desk where check-in takes place. The attendant will show you all of the features of your room and the property before delivering your bags.
The pool area is front and center due to its unfortunate location adjacent to the parking lot. The pool, whirlpool, and patio are mostly clean and well-maintained, though it's possible you’ll come across a few leaves and other debris collected at the edges of the water. The only other amenities on property are a small fitness center (above what looks to be a former spa), and a laundry room featuring two coin-operated washers and dryers.
The property’s only real selling point -- its rooms -- are cheerful, if slightly worn. If space is of the utmost of importance, Reef Residence delivers; even the cheapest unit is large enough to fit four, featuring a separate bedroom and a living room with a sleeper sofa. But if contemporary style and a better beachfront trump spacious accommodations, the slightly pricier Villa del Mar is the way to go.
The walk to Grace Bay from Reef Residences is only a minute or two. A small portion of the beach is claimed for guests, and the hotel offers umbrellas (though it is first come, first serve).
Just 100 yards from Grace Bay, within walking distance of a few local favorites
Situated toward the eastern edge of Grace Bay, just across the parking lot from the beachfront Windsong Resort, Reef Residences only has a slither of beach to its name, which is marked by tan-colored umbrellas. Luckily, the beach is public, so anyone armed with a towel and a beach hat can find an idyllic spot to while away the day. And along the way, you’ll find plenty of beachfront restaurants and bars like Somewhere…Café and Lounge, Havana Club, and JoJo’s Café.
Some evenings, you might wonder if you’ve had one too many rum punches when you inevitably hear what sounds like the cast of Sesame Street belting out a tune. Never fear -- it’s just the result of being downwind from the nearby Beaches Resort.
- 15-minute drive from Providenciales International Airport
- 1-minute walk to Grace Bay (property is located just 100 yards from the beach)
- 5-minute (or less) walk on the beach to restaurants and bars at Windsong and Coral Gardens resorts
- 5-minute drive to IGA grocery store
- 5-minute drive to Smith’s Reef for snorkeling
- 7-minute drive to shops and restaurants at Regent Village and Salt Mills shopping centers
- 10-minute drive to Provo Golf Club
- 12-minute drive to the Caicos Conch Farm, the world’s only conch farm
- 15-minute drive to Da Conch Shack and Rum Bar
All suites are incredibly spacious, with kitchens and sofa beds
The suites are extremely spacious; a family of three or four could easily fit in the 725-square-foot One-Bedroom Upper Suite, which is the property’s cheapest unit, and includes a living room with a queen-size sleeper sofa.
However, a makeover is in order. In my unit, the walls were scuffed, the paint mismatched, and details such as tube televisions and rusted showerheads were in serious need of an upgrade. And though extra-large patios are gorgeous, with beautiful bougainvillea and large dining tables, most of the windows in the rest of the units face far less enticing views, like storage rooms or the parking lot.
- The property’s cheapest units, the 725-square foot One-Bedroom Upper Floor Suites, offer plenty of space for up to four people, thanks to a separate living room with sleeper sofa.
- Upgrading to the 1,025-square-foot One-Bedroom Grand Suite (located on the ground floor) will get you a second full bathroom, more space in the living room and kitchen, and a huge patio with outdoor dining table and umbrella.
- All ground floor units have spacious patios with outdoor dining tables and lockable gates.
- Full kitchens in all units include full-size refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, and cabinets stocked with cookware and utensils
- Furnishings are worn and out of style; king-size mattresses are comfortable but sheets are a bit rough.
- Bathrooms have walk-in showers only.
- Generic bath products by Küdos Spa
- Air conditioners are wall mounted and powered by remote control.
- Dated tube televisions and old clock radios
A small pool, spa, and an off-the-beach location
- One computer with Internet in the check-in office for free use
- A small DVD library located in the check-in office
- A small but respectable pool with whirlpool
- Grounds covered with bougainvillea are pretty and well maintained
- Small fitness center with a few cardio machines, dumbbells, and several weight machines
- Coin laundry facilities
- No on-site restaurant or bar
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Daily housekeeping
- A short walk from several great restaurants -- JoJo’s Café and Havana Club at the Windsong Resort, and Somewhere…Café and Lounge along the beach.
Customers Who Viewed Reef Residences on Grace Bay Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
There's either one issue or the other if you're desperate to visit the world's most beautiful beaches. You know, the…
Things You Should Know About Reef Residences on Grace Bay
AddressStubbs Road, 00000, Caribbean
Also Known As
- Reef Residences
- Ground Level Courtyard One Bedroom Suite
- Ground Level Courtyard Two Bedroom Suite
- Upper Level Courtyard One Bedroom Suite
- Upper Level Courtyard Three Bedroom Suite