- Two serene pools: one with a Jacuzzi for families, and another for adults
- Small poolside bar serves cocktails and free daily continental breakfast
- Well-designed rooms are spacious for the price
- Full kitchens in all units
- A quick 3-minute walk to the beach, where the resort has lounge chairs and drink service
- Free Wi-Fi, although service can be spotty
- Within walking distance of shops, restaurants, and a grocery store
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A small yet delightful boutique resort with spacious, modern rooms and a 3-minute walk to Grace Bay
Villa del Mar’s lack of beachfront might be a major drawback, if it weren’t for the strip of sand designated just for the resort’s guests, reached by a quick walk through neighboring Grace Bay Club. The space may be small, but about a dozen lounge chairs and umbrellas, a few cabanas, and even an attendant for drink service give guests access to the same stunning sand, water, and sky as its far more expensive neighbor.
On property there is little more to do than lounge by one of the two pools, where the vibe is tranquil and laid-back, and lounge chairs always seem to be available. (Throughout the afternoon, I was able to leave and return several times and always managed to find a spot -- and even a cabana.) And though both pools are small, the separation between the family pool and adult pool keeps crowding to a minimum and ensures a quiet and splash-free environment for those who want it.
The spacious rooms are far nicer than you’d find at competitively priced hotels, and full kitchens make for up the lack of restaurant on-site. There is at least a small bar next to the family-friendly pool (as well as a few barbecue grills and teak tables with umbrellas), however, its operating hours are limited to daylight. Continental breakfast is served there each morning, though the limited offerings tend to run low quickly. (On the morning I stayed, by 8:30 the juice was low and the bagels -- plain only -- had been picked over.)
The staff is small but friendly, with the front desk happy to recommend a restaurant and even make dinner reservations. Just off the lobby are a small fitness center and a computer station with free Internet.
A 3-minute walk to the beach, and just a few minutes more to shopping, restaurants, and a grocery store
Villa del Mar may not be located on the water, but it is still a step up from most other resorts off of Grace Bay. It's only a short walk through neighboring Grace Bay Club to a small, full-service beach set-up. As a result, guests at this wallet-friendly resort can enjoy the same pristine sand and water as those paying much more. What’s more, the property is within walking distance of some of the Providenciales’ best restaurants and shops, and a short drive from snorkeling sites, golfing, and other attractions.
- 20-minute drive from Providenciales International Airport
- 3-minute walk to Grace Bay (via a pathway through neighboring Grace Bay Club)
- 10-minute walk to grocery store
- 15-minute walk to shops and restaurants at Regent Village and Salt Mills shopping centers
- 5-minute drive to Provo Golf Club
- 10-minute drive to the Caicos Conch Farm, the world’s only conch farm
- 12-minute drive to Smith’s Reef for snorkeling
- 20-minute drive to Da Conch Shack and Rum Bar
Villa del Mar’s contemporary and spacious rooms are probably the resort’s biggest selling point. Units were completed in 2010, and have been maintained so well that you might just think you are the first person to stay there. Full kitchens or kitchenettes with granite countertops, pendant lights, and cabinets stocked with cookware and utensils help compensate for the property’s lack of dining options, while streamlined furniture with a hint of island flare and extra-comfy beds with Egyptian cotton linens far exceed accommodations at similarly priced resorts.
- Large flat-screen TVs and DVD players
- Separate showers and soaking tubs
- Full kitchens (kitchenettes in studios) with modern appliances, including Krups coffeemakers and Wolfgang Puck coffee
- Balconies or patios
- Free Wi-Fi, but service cuts in and out
- Generic bath products in the bathrooms
- Dual washer/dryers
- 680-square-foot studios are spacious -- especially for the price -- and are more than sufficient for couples.
- In the studios, a window (with shutters) opens up the space between the bathroom and the rest of the unit -- a possible drawback for those requiring utmost privacy in the bathroom.
- Luxury One-Bedrooms are 1,098 square feet and include a den with a pull-out sofa for additional guests.
- One three-bedroom penthouse has fabulous views of the pool and surrounding area – but no ocean view
- Ground-floor units are not quite as private due to pool traffic -- opt for second floor or higher for a more isolated balcony.
Rooms and Rates
- Beach is 500 yards away, and the resort has its own lounge chairs, umbrellas, cabanas, and an attendant providing towel and drink service
- Two pools -- one larger kid-friendly pool and a smaller, more secluded adult pool featuring breezy cabanas
- Small poolside bar
- Small fitness center with just a few cardio machines and dumbbells
- Barbecue grills and teak picnic tables with umbrellas
- Free continental breakfast
- Quiet and tranquil location with a laid-back but extremely helpful staff
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the property, but spotty service
- In the lobby, one computer with free Internet access
- Free parking
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Crescent Road, Caribbean|