- Convenient location in the heart of Old Town Alexandria
- Free trolley to the King Street Metro Station (Blue and Yellow lines)
- Stylish Southern bar and restaurant
- Rooms include flat-screen TVs, iPod radios and minibars
- 24-hour fitness center with personal TVs
- Indoor heated pool with “dive-in movies” on Fridays and Saturdays
- Free coffee and tea service every morning
- Free shuttle service to Reagan National Airport
- 24-hour business center
- Pet-friendly at extra charge (USD 25 non-refundable fee per night, max 2 pets 80 lbs or less per room)
- 20-minute drive (or 30-minute subway ride) from most D.C. attractions
- Over a mile from the nearest subway station (King Street)
- Daily fee for valet-only parking (common in Old Town Alexandria)
- No microwaves or coffeemakers in rooms
The fun-spirited Alexandrian combines an upscale bohemian vibe with a great location in charming Old Town Alexandria. Property highlights include an indoor pool, modern fitness center, and a stylish Southern restaurant. For a similarly priced hotel that’s closer to the subway, try Lorien Hotel and Spa, 10 blocks west; unlike The Alexandrian, it has a full-service spa, but it lacks a pool.
- Fitness Center
- Pets Allowed
Things You Should Know About The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection
Also Known As
- Monaco Alexandria, a Kimpton Hotel
480 King Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314, United States
Oyster Hotel Review
The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection
Fun, pet-friendly hotel with a mash-up of decor
Renovated in 2017, the 241-room The Alexandrian features stylish, funky decor that gives almost no indication of the historic Alexandria neighborhood outside. The lobby features bold turquoise walls, a swirly orange and gray patterned carpet, and a dozen chairs and sofas of various colors and styles. It’s a bit of sensory overload, but the atmosphere is fun and inviting.
During the Civil War, another inn stood on the site of the The Alexandrian. According to hotel staff, a man tried to hang a Confederate flag outside the old inn and was shot in a scuffle. A few nods to the neighborhood’s rich history can be seen on the upper floors of the hotel, where the guest room wallpaper is decorated with pictures of gas streetlights, and the hallway wallpaper incorporates a dress pattern worn by Eleanor Custis (the granddaughter of George and Martha Washington).
A 20-minute drive from D.C. in charming Old Town Alexandria
The Alexandrian Hotel is located right on King Street in the heart of Old Town Alexandria. This Virginia town is technically a suburb of D.C., but it’s also a destination unto itself. Visitors only need to walk up and down King Street to find dozens of great shops, restaurants, bars, art galleries, and charming historic buildings. The nearest metro station is nearly a 20-minute walk away, but a free city trolley will transport guests.
- Five-minute walk to Alexandria Waterfront
- 18-minute walk to King Street Metro Station (Blue and Yellow lines)
- 10-minute drive to Reagan National Airport (free hotel shuttle available)
- 20-minute drive to the National Mall and Arlington National Cemetery
Modern-meets-colonial rooms with flat-screen TVs, iPod radios, and minibars
The rooms at The Alexandrian blend the contemporary with the colonial; carpets and pillows feature funky geometric designs, while the wallpaper depicts gas streetlamps that the interior designer custom-made by photographing the lights in the neighborhood. Every unit comes with a well-stocked minibar, yoga mat, umbrella, iPod stereo, flat-screen TV, and bathrobes. Select rooms and suites also include jetted tubs, balconies, and separate bedrooms. One of the many unique suites at The Alexandrian is the Bridal Suite, which was designed for bridal parties to get ready in; it comes with salon chairs, full-body mirrors, and a wet bar. Rooms range from 300 square feet to 1,600 square feet.
Southern restaurant, weekly activities, and lots of free perks
The Alexandrian has an above-average restaurant and bar, Jackson 20, which specializes in Southern food and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Other hotel highlights include a 24-hour fitness center with personal TVs, a 40-foot indoor heated pool, 24-hour business center, and an outdoor courtyard. There are also plenty of free perks, such as pet amenities (bowls, pet beds, and leashes), Wi-Fi, airport shuttle service. Guests can also pay extra for room service, dry-cleaning, and valet parking. There's no spa, unlike at the Lorien Hotel.
Balcony / Terrace / Patio
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Supervised Kids Activities
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.