- Intimate family-owned hotel with scenic grounds and wildlife
- One- or two-bedroom suites with patios/balconies, kitchenettes
- Outdoor pool and bar area, and weekly cocktail parties
- On-site perks include spa, fitness center, and art gallery
- Rooms have flat-screen TVs with satellite TV
- Daily shuttle to the beach
- All-inclusive packages available
- Free parking and Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A casual but intimate hotel with friendly service
Up in the hillside on a quiet road, a large circular entrance leads up to the Mediterranean-style lobby with white stucco walls and red tiles -- a look that is consistent with the rest of the property. A welcome drink is offered upon arrival, and a staff member will lead guests to their suites.
With only 40 suites in total, the property never feels too crowded, though the pool does get plenty of action due to the lack of beach on premise. Dinner at La Salsa is also popular with guests, especially during themed nights featuring live music. The lobby and grounds become romantic in the evening with candles and low lighting. After dinner, guests can take a spot in the gazebo, or on one of the swinging benches -- a great spot to enjoy a glass of wine.
A secluded property in the hills above Speightstown
Sugar Cane is a hidden gem in the northern hills near Speightstown, and appeals to those looking for a peaceful setting with island wildlife and nature trails at their doorstep. Because the property is not walking distance to nearby attractions, a car is highly recommended. (Bus service does not run this far inland, and taxis can get quite expensive.) A hotel shuttle is in operation during the day and takes guests to local beaches.
- 42-minute drive to Grantley Adams International Airport
- 6-minute drive to Speightstown
- 12-minute drive to Royal Westmoreland Golf Course
- 14-minute drive to Holetown
- 16-minute drive to Sandy Lane Country Club
- 22-minute drive to Harrison’s Cave
- 22-minute drive to Flower Forest Botanical Gardens
- 25-minute drive to Soup Bowl
- 28-minute drive to Bridgetown
- 39-minute drive to Oistins Fish Fry
One- and two-bedroom suites with kitchenettes
Suites either come with a garden or ocean view -- though the ocean is in the distance. Rooms lack natural light, and the wood furnishings and neutral interiors lend to a comfortable, yet dark atmosphere.
- Separate living and dining area (table seats between two to four people)
- Private balconies or patios with furniture
- Fully equipped kitchenettes with refrigerator, microwave, stove, toaster and crockery
- Local toiletries and eco-friendly dispensers in the shower/tub combos
- Flat-screen TVs, AM/FM radios
- Air conditioning, and ceiling fan in living rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
Rooms and Rates
A secluded property with plenty of amenities to keep guests active
- Two pools with lounge chairs and a bar
- Free shuttle service to local beaches
- A spa next to the property offers a wide range of treatments including hydrotherapy.
- Art gallery featuring local artists
- Fitness center and squash court
- Mountain bikes for nearby trails
- Coin-operated guest laundry facilities
- Welcome drink upon arrival, and weekly manager’s rum punch party
- Convenience store and boutique for essentials and souvenirs
- Veranda and outdoor seating throughout property
- Guided nature walks
- Green Monkey room for lounging, reading and free Internet
- Free Wi-Fi and parking, though Wi-Fi can be temperamental
- View Full List of Amenities
One restaurant and two bars; all-inclusive packages available
La Salsa restaurant and bar serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner in an attractive, oblong room near the lobby. Breakfast and all-inclusive packages are available. Tables overlook the hillside, and decor includes wood furniture and red accents. (After 6 p.m. an elegantly casual dress code is in effect -- no shorts.) Menus change often and include local favorites and international dishes. In addition, theme nights are prevalent and often include live music.
Sandy’s Chattel Bar and Restaurant on the far end of the resort mimics an authentic “rum shop” -- though hours are limited.
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Maynards, BB26011, Caribbean|