- Within walking distance of restaurants, stores and attractions
- Beautiful rooms with furnished balconies overlooking Esopus Falls
- Upscale restaurant with view of the falls, and a bar with daily wine and cheese hour
- Small, basic fitness center with natural light
- Free continental breakfast included in nightly rate
- In-room spa treatments available (but no full spa)
- Over 7,000 square feet of beautifully appointed events space
- Free Wi-Fi and free parking
- Restaurant and bar closed two days a week
- No spa (but in-room massages available)
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A beautiful boutique hotel with a romantic vibe
The Diamond Mills' elegant decor, small size, great service, and wonderful restaurant draw mostly couples looking to spend some relaxing days in a quiet place, but the hotel is also one of the most popular wedding venues in the area.
The lobby is small but attractive, with a few rustic-chic touches and a quiet vibe that is echoed throughout the property. Just off the front desk area is a cozy living room, which also serves as the lobby lounge. In the winter, guests gather around the fireplace with book or laptop in hand; year-round continental breakfast is served here every morning to all guests free of charge.
The building adjacent to the hotel houses the conference center, which offers over 7,000 square feet of meeting and events space with river views. Next door is the restaurant, a stunning bi-level space framed by a floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall arched window overlooking the creek and the falls. Decor here is sophisticated, with a few rustic details (such as old-style snowshoes), a stone fireplace, and several booths. There are also two private dining spaces: The Library, which is separated from the restaurant by white French sliding doors, and a lofted area overlooking the main dining room.
If there’s one thing missing in this otherwise beautiful hotel it’s a full spa, but in-room massages can be arranged through the concierge.
A short walk from all the attractions in Saugerties
The Diamond Mills is located right outside the city center in Saugerties, a small town on the Hudson River. There are several restaurants, bars, and stores down the street, and most attractions are within a short walk from the property.
Saugerties is a quaint little town in the eastern Catskills, a short drive from other charming towns, such as Kingston, Rhinebeck, and Woodstock. There are a few interesting attractions -- including the Saugerties Historical Society, the Esopus Bend Nature Preserve and several art galleries -- and the town’s location, right on the river and a short drive from the mountain ranges in the Catskills region, make it a great pick for those looking to practice outdoor sports.
- 6-minute walk to Main Street Saugerties
- 9-minute walk to Saugerties Historical Society
- 10-minute walk to the farmers market
- 3-minute drive to Esopus Bend Nature Preserve
- 4-minute drive to Saugerties Marina
- 4-minute drive to Cantine Field
- 5-minute drive to Saugerties Lighthouse
- 18-minute drive to Woodstock
- 20-minute drive to Kingston
- 25-minute drive to Rhinebeck
- 35-minute drive to Hunter Mountain
- 1-hour-40-minute drive to New York City
Beautiful rooms with rustic European decor and upscale amenities
There are three main room types here -- Double Queen, King, and King Suites, as well as two subcategories, Deluxe and Supreme. The only difference between Deluxe and Supreme Rooms is the size of the outdoor space: While Deluxe Rooms have furnished balconies, Supreme Rooms have huge terraces.
Decor is elegant in all rooms, with rustic European touches and a dark brown and pastel color palette. Queen Rooms, however, are a tad blander, with a more subdued range of colors -- but they are still classy and spacious, and have the same great amenities as the rest of the room types (flat-screen TVs, Keurig coffeemakers, iPod docks, and radiant floor heating in bathrooms).
- Rooms start at 364 square feet and have large windows.
- Plush beds with Egyptian cotton linens
- Large flat-screen TVs
- iPod docks
- Keurig coffeemakers
- Gourmet minibars
- Free Wi-Fi
- Radiant floor heating in bathrooms
- Hotel-brand toiletries
- Selection of two different types of pillows
- Free bottled water
- All rooms have either a balcony or a terrace overlooking the falls
- Suites have working fireplaces and pull-out couches.
- In-room spa services available upon request
- Daily newspaper delivery to rooms
- Turndown service with chocolates and berries
Rooms and Rates
A small fitness center with all the basics
The hotel has a small fitness center with a few up-to-date machines and natural light. The large floor-to-ceiling windows open onto an outdoor space overlooking the waterfalls, and the hotel offers free use or towels and yoga mats as well as free bottled water. The treadmills and ellipticals feature individual screens, and there are also two large flat-screen TVs on the walls.
Pull-out couches in suites, rooms with two queen beds, and a children's menu at the restaurant
While the vibe here is more romantic and quiet than kid-friendly, the hotel does offer a few great perks for families, including suites with pull-out couches, rooms with two queen beds, and a solid children’s menu at The Tavern. Also, the concierge can suggest attractions and activities nearby for the whole family.
A beautiful restaurant with waterfall views, and a bar with a daily wine and cheese hour
The hotel’s restaurant, The Tavern, is helmed by Culinary Institute of America graduate Chef Guiseppe Napoli. It offers a wonderful menu prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients, and the stylish dining room has a huge arched window overlooking the falls as well as a working fireplace. The restaurant is open five days a week for lunch and dinner, and offers weekend brunch and a kids’ menu.
- The Library is a private dining space separated from the main room by French doors also featuring great creek views.
- Five nights a week, the Tavern Bar offers a wine and cheese hour in an elegant bar with tiled floors, ornate tin ceilings, and high tables with stools.
- Free continental breakfast is served every morning in the living room off the lobby.
Great services include in-room massages, free Wi-Fi, and free parking
Business and Conventions
A conference center housed in a separate building offering over 7,000 square feet of flexible events space
The hotel offers over 7,000 square feet of beautiful events spaces housed in a separate building adjacent to the restaurant and bar. The conference center features a huge ballroom that can accommodate up to 400 guests, as well as several other smaller rooms, all with beautiful river views.
The hotel is a popular wedding destination, with beautiful ballrooms and great services.
With elegant, romantic decor, an idyllic setting by the river, wonderful facilities with stunning views, and outstanding services, the Diamond Mills is one of the most popular wedding venues in the area.
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||25 South Partition Street, Saugerties, Catskill Region 12477, United States|