- Scenic oceanfront York Harbor Beach location
- Outdoor freshwater pool and sandy beach
- Indoor pool and Jacuzzi reopened in April 2012 after complete reconstruction
- Spa offering long list of treatments
- Lovely grounds with fire pit and Adirondack chairs
- Freebies include Wi-Fi, afternoon tea, and breakfast buffet
- 2 restaurants: Sandpiper Bar & Grille and Harbor Porches
- Seasonal attractions including a clay tennis court
- Decent fitness room (though equipment is older)
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Cozy, historic hotel with plenty of space to relax
This oceanfront, historic hotel had a laid-back feel. The lobby is stuffed with comfortable chairs and couches, the fire pit is surrounded by Adirondack chairs. Homey extras like afternoon tea and cookies add value. Days can be spent taking a dip in one of the two pools or sunning on the beach , while evenings can be spent enjoying local seafood in one of the resort's two restaurants .
Located in York, the oldest town in Maine
Stage Neck Inn is located on the shoreline of York, the oldest town in Maine. Nearby is the famous Cape Neddick Lighthouse and the downtown area of York Village, home to antique stores, shops, galleries, and restaurants. The Kittery Outlet Mall is also a short drive away and offers a variety of outlet stores from Brookstone to Coach.
Some parts of Maine are accessible by public transportation, but a car is necessary to explore York. It is also a great launching point for exploring the region, including nearby Ogunquit, known for long stretches of sandy beaches and for being Maine's biggest LGBT destination. Another nearby town is Kennebunkport, home to George H.W. Bush's summer house, as well as Dock Square that is home to cute shops and galleries.
City life is located north in Portland, the largest city in Maine. Top attractions here include the historic Old Port district along the harbor and the Arts District along Congress Street for food, shopping, and sightseeing.
- 55-minute drive from Portland, Maine and Airport
- 75-minute drive from Boston, Massachusetts and Airport
- 2-minute drive to York Village
- 10-minute drive to Cape Neddick Lighthouse
- 10-minute drive to the Kittery Outlet Malls
- 15-minute drive to Ogunquit, Maine
- 35-minute drive to Kennebunkport, Maine
Simple rooms with free Wi-Fi
Rooms at the Stage Neck Inn aren't stylish, but they are simple and comfortable. Decorated with British colonial furnishings in muted tones of tan, green, and white, the rooms here feel fairly standard. Each room has a sliding glass door that leads to a patio or balcony. Bathrooms are large with plenty of counter space. Beachview Rooms actually have views of the parking lot -- for the best views of the water book Harborview or Oceanfront Rooms .
- Air conditioning
- Free Wi-Fi
- Natura bath products
- Some rooms have ceiling fans
- Cable TVs (some rooms have old tube TVs, others have flat-screens )
- Private decks or terraces
- Some rooms are oceanfront, while others have harbor or "beach" (really parking lot) views
Rooms and Rates
Two swimming pools, spa, and plenty of recreation
This boutique resort offers many features of a larger property, despite having just 58 rooms. In this oceanfront location there are two swimming pools -- one indoor and one seasonal outdoor freshwater pool -- as well as tennis courts, a spa with a long list of treatments, and a small fitness center. The hotel also offers easy access to several nearby golf courses.
- Free hearty breakfast buffet (gratuity not included)
- Full-service spa , The Spa at Stage Neck Inn
- Afternoon tea, coffee, and cookies
- Seasonal clay tennis court
- Outdoor, seasonal freshwater pool with seasonal snack bar
- Large indoor pool and Jacuzzi
- Small fitness center with sauna in locker rooms
- Access to several 18-hole golf courses nearby, including The Ledges, Cape Neddick Golf Course, The Links at Outlook, and The Old Marsh Country Club, with preferred tee times
- Gift shop with Maine-made items such as Stonewall Kitchen, hand-crafted mugs from Deneen Pottery, and signature souvenirs
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
Hearty New England fare with a focus on seafood
The Stage Neck Inn offers two restaurants: the Sandpiper Bar & Grill and Harbor Porches . The Sandpiper Bar & Grille is a casual spot offering both indoor and outdoor seating, while Harbor Porches is the more elegant option.
- Sandpiper Bar & Grille offers pub fare such as pizza, sandwiches and light entrees.
- Harbor Porches serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner and specializes in local seafood.
- Live music at Harbor Porches on the weekend
- The Outdoor Terrace (open seasonally) shares menus with Harbor Porches and Sandpiper Bar & Grille
- Pool Snack Bar (open seasonally) serves lunch and snacks, as well as cocktails by the pool and tennis court.
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||8 Stage Neck Road, Route 1A, York Harbor, York 03911, United States|