- Fee for faster Wi-Fi (free for basic)
- Saturdays duringpool season can be loud
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
1950s-inspired style and a hip vibe
This four-pearl, 236-room hotel is located in six two-story buildings and one seven-story tower, all with 1950s architecture. Inside, the style honors the hotel's retro history, and the hip atmosphere draws many local fans.
Outside, the grounds are clean and well groomed. The pool area is lovely, located in the main courtyard of the hotel, making it a natural center of activity. It's frequented by plenty of young tanned types, and features a bar, dozens of lounge chairs, cabanas, and a sound system. On Saturdays during warm weather, the pool area often becomes a huge party.
Near downtown Scottsdale
The hotel is less than a mile from Old Town Scottsdale, which means a plethora of art galleries, nightclubs, and restaurants are within walking distance. Also, Fashion Square and the Scottsdale Waterfront, two upscale shopping locations, are only a 5-minute drive away.
- 15-minute walk to Old Town Scottsdale
- 5-minute drive to Fashion Square shopping mall and Scottsdale Waterfront
- 10-minute drive to the Scottsdale Center for the Arts
- 10-minute drive to Scottsdale Stadium, where the San Francisco Giants play during spring training
- 15-minute drive to Echo Canyon Park, a popular hiking trail
- 20-minute drive to Sky Harbor International Airport
- 25-minute drive to Scottsdale Airport
Spacious rooms with up-to-date tech features, balconies and patios
The rooms have a cool 50s vibe, with terrazzo tile floors and gray patterned rugs, blonde wood furniture, white faux brick walls, glass bricks in the bathroom, chrome details, and quirky colors (in the standard rooms: turquoise blue walls, mustard yellow curtains, and green headboards). Rooms start at 420 square feet -- large, for the price -- and balconies and patios are also bigger than the norm.
All rooms include:
- Flat-screen TV with MP3 player hookup, HBO and standard cable channels
- Wi-Fi (daily fee for high-speed Wi-Fi, free for basic)
- Safe big enough for a laptop
- Free Wall Street Journal, New York Times or Arizona Republic
- Iron and ironing board
- Walk-in shower
- Signature Guest Room: 420 square feet; king or two queen beds; wheelchair accessible unit on ground floor
- Studio Guest Room: 500 square feet; king bed; Philippe Starck designed bathtub located behind curtain in the middle of the room
- Terrace Suite: 850 square feet; king bed; 42-inch flat-screen TV; private bar and mini-fridge with snacks; big patio; iPod dock
- Executive Suite: 1,150 square feet; king bed; 42-inch flat-screen TV; private bar and mini-fridge with snacks; big patio; large circular tub for two; iPod dock
- Tower Suite: 900 square feet; king bed; custom swivel 42-inch flat-screen TV; private bar and mini-fridge with snacks; big patio; full kitchen and dining room; washer and dryer; iPod dock; Wi-Fi included
- Tower Two-Bedroom Suite: 1,300 square feet; king bed with either one king or two queens in second room; 42-inch flat-screen TV; 32-inch flat-screen TV in second room; flat-screen TV in bathroom; private bar and mini-fridge with snacks; big patio; full kitchen and dining room; washer and dryer; iPod dock; Wi-Fi included
Rooms and Rates
- Heated pool and Jacuzzi with cabanas and lounge chairs; can get lively during pool season, with live music and partiers
- 24-hour fitness center
- 24-hour business center (free internet on hotel computers)
- 24-hour front desk staff
- Covered parking is $a daily fee, and uncovered parking is free.
- Laundry facilities
- 10,000 square feet of meeting space
- Environmentally friendly practices such as low-flow toilets and no pesticide use make the Valley Ho one of the greener hotels in the Valley of the Sun
American cuisine at Cafe ZuZu
- Cafe ZuZu serves American comfort food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a fun, retro space (bright blue, orange, and green 1950s-style chairs, stone walls, and light fixtures that look like balls of spun sugar).
- 24-hour room service
- Many dining options are available nearby in the Scottsdale Old Town district
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||6850 East Main Street, Scottsdale, Central Arizona 85251, United States|