- Huge kids' pool area with 9 slides, castle, and pirate ship
- Beachfront location convenient to airport, downtown
- 2 clay tennis courts with nighttime lighting
- Plenty of dining options at the 4 restaurants
- Ocean, pool, or garden views from all guest rooms and suites
- Free use of ocean sports gear: kayaks, boogie boards, sailboards
- Family Rooms include kids' bedrooms with bunk beds and TVs
- Spa and fitness center are tiny
- Fee for Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Mid-range resort with a focus on kid-friendly amenities
Designed as a family-friendly resort, this low-rise property is comprised of brightly-painted buildings surrounded by neatly manicured grounds packed with amenities for kids, including a small playground, a kids' club with separate activities for preschoolers and older children, and a huge kids' pool (marketed as a water park) with nine slides, a castle, and a pirate ship.
The other two pools -- including an adults-only one -- are on the small side, as are the spa and fitness center.
With the focus on family here, couples looking for a romantic getaway may opt for the nearby adults-only sister property -- Golden Crown Paradise All-Inclusive Resort.
Beachside location, midway between downtown Puerto Vallarta and the swanky Marina Vallarta golf community
This resort's location on a stretch of beach just south of the cruise ship dock and north of downtown offers a good balance between the more secluded feel of the hotels in the upscale Marina Vallarta golf community and the more hectic scene found in the heart of the city. The beach is busy, but still fairly wide and clean. Several nearby golf courses are just a 10-minute cab ride away, as is downtown's shopping and nightlife scene. Even closer is the mall, which features department stores, an air-conditioned food court, and an inexpensive movie theater with comfy seats and American movies.
- 5-minute drive from Licenciado Diaz Ordaz International Airport
- 5-minute drive to Galerias Vallarta mall
- 10-minute drive to Marina Vallarta, which offers a golf course, shops, and restaurants
- 10-minute drive to downtown
Bland furnishings, flat-screen TVs, and robes
The rooms have a chain-like feel, featuring generic decor and bland, neutral furnishings. Red chairs and paintings of coral add a touch of color. The brown comforters with thin orange stripes are outdated. Small balconies offer ocean, garden, or pool views. High-tech amenities include flat-screen TVs and iHome stations. Bathrooms have generic toiletries and showers. Robes are provided and mini-fridges with beer, soda, and water are restocked daily.
- The Family Room includes a king-size bed for the adults and a tiny, enclosed sleeping area for the kids (must be younger than 12), with a bunk bed, trundle bed, and separate TV.
- The Honeymoon Suite has a king-size bed, Jacuzzi, large balcony with ocean views, flowers, and fruit plate on arrival.
Rooms and Rates
Kids' pool is huge, spa is disappointingly small
- Huge kids' pool with nine slides, castle, and pirate ship
- Main pool and adults-only pool are on the small side
- Two outdoor clay tennis courts, nighttime lighting (fees apply)
- Spa is tiny, offers massages, facials, and salon services
- Fitness center is small, with a handful of machines
- Kids club with covered sand pit, separate activity programs for preschoolers and older children
- Free use of ocean sports gear, including kayaks, boogie boards, sailboards
- Five event spaces with free Wi-Fi total 4,477 square feet
- View Full List of Amenities
Four restaurants serving a variety of cuisines, including Italian, Asian, and French
With four restaurants, there are a variety of cuisines to choose from, including Italian, Asian, and French dishes. Settings range from casual to sophisticated, with reservations, dress codes, and age restrictions enforced at some dining areas. Room service is available 24 hours. Five bar options include poolside spots and a small nightclub features live shows.
- La Palapa Restaurant: Casual, buffet-style, open for all three meals
- La Piazza Restaurant: Italian menu, kids’ menu, open six nights per week
- Fujiyama Restaurant: Japanese cuisine, open six nights per week, resort casual dress
- Sans Soucis Restaurant: Changing French-inspired menu, sophisticated setting
- Tutuch Bar: all day snacking
- Lobby Bar serves liquor for the adults and alcohol-free cocktails for the kids.
- Collage Bar is a sports bar that offers continental breakfast and a games area with pool table and air hockey
- The Pool Bar and adults-only Club Caribe Jacuzzi & Bar have poolside locations.
- The Tiki Beach Bar features ocean views.
- Small nightclub offers bar service and live performances.
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Gameroom / Arcade
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||Av de las Garzas 1, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco 48333, Mexico|
|Phone||1 (562) 904-7050|