- Amazing ocean views from every room
- On a pristine beach, in a private cove
- Close to Old Town Vallarta
- Multiple a la carte restaurant options on all-inclusive menu
- Lots of free beach and water activities, including a water trampoline
- Luxurious full-service spa (services not included)
- 24-hour room service
- Lovely mature gardens all over the property
- Turtle Corral nesting and hatching area for sea turtles
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Lush gardens and a private cove enclose two guest room towers -- one new, one old
Lush gardens surround the two guest room towers that make up this resort, set on a private cove on Banderas Bay. It's like a private little jungle just minutes from the action of Old Town. The first tower, erected in the 1960s, hasn't yet been updated -- so you'll find outdated rooms and facilities there. But the newer Preferred Tower comes with modern updated rooms, all with private balconies -- and a higher price tag.
The grounds are spacious, with plenty of dense plantings, so the many activities and amenities are somewhat isolated from one another, which is nice. And there's plenty going on -- six restaurants, four lounges, a plethora of activities.
Two towers on a private cove, just 5 minutes from Old Town, feels like a jungle by the sea
The hotel’s two towers bookend a small stretch of beach, with all the public buildings in between, in an area south of Puerto Vallarta called Conchas Chinas. It takes about five minutes to get here by car or taxi on the winding road from Old Town, yet it feels like a private oasis a world away.
Conchas Chinas is the exclusive southern area of Puerto Vallarta, dubbed the "Beverly Hills" of Puerto Vallarta and known for the posh homes and condos tucked into the seaside hills. It's a popular retreat for high-profile people, including celebrities. The beautiful Conchas Chinas Beach, made up of a string of peaceful sandy coves, is strewn with tiny polished shells (Conchas Chinas literally means "Chinese Shells"). The rock outcroppings and clear water make for good snorkeling.
- 20-minute drive to Puerto Vallarta Airport
- 5-minute drive to Old Town's restaurants and shops
- 10-minute drive to premier golfing at various courses
Two towers, two different looks -- but all have amazing ocean views
There is something magical about being inside and seeing nothing out a huge window but sea and sky, which is what happens here -- every room has an amazing ocean view.
That said, the rooms in the original tower to the north are a little worn and outdated -- tube TVs and small bathrooms are common complaints. But the basic decor is nice, with marble floors throughout and thoughtful touches like bright fabrics, designer toiletries, and fun, lively artworks. The newer tower to the south has a more contemporary look, with its sleek and charming Preferred Club lobby, snacking area, and computer zone. Each room there has a balcony, some with private Jacuzzis.
The hotel offers 24 hour room service (included in all-inclusive) and free mini-bar; but there is no free Internet.
- Gorgeous ocean views from every room
- Marble floors throughout rooms and suites
- Comfortable bedding with "pillow menu"
- Well-stocked free mini-bar; 24-hour room service
- Internet costs extra
- Rooms and suites in new Preferred Tower have private balconies, some with Jacuzzis
Rooms and Rates
All the amenities expected from a Dreams all inclusive
- 500 yards of private beach cove with great ocean swimming
- 3 pools, including an adults-only
- 6 restaurants and 4 lounges to choose from
- Full-service spa with outdoor massages
- Turtle hatching program in season
- Modern, well-equipped gym
- Wedding planners on site
- Kids’ club offering kid-specific activities
- Many free water and beach activities available
- View full list of amenities
Explorer's Club will keep your kids (ages 3 to 12) entertained.
- A wonderful playground area
- Indoor game room with big-screen TV
- Story telling and music
- Treasure hunts
- Sand castle contests
- Video games
- Kitchenette with snacks
- Big-screen movies under the stars
- Vallarta Adventures summer camp for 10- to 14-year olds, with SCUBA, surfing, and more
Lots of choices for an all-inclusive
- Oceana, on the beach at the north end of the property, specializes in seafood
- El Patio, centrally-located, has La Cantina Jalisco, a boisterous, tequila specialty bar, outdoor dining at Patio Oaxaca and indoors at Salon Michoacana
- Portofino features Italian food in a formal, richly designed atmosphere. Adults only.
- Seaside Grill, at the south end of the property, offers light grilled fare
- World Café features an international buffet
- Coco Café does pastry and coffees in a little spot inside the building
- 24-hour room service
- Lobby bar, plus a few other bars by the pool and beach
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Carretera Barra de Navidad S/N Km. 3.5, Zona Hotelera Sur, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco 48390, Mexico|
|Phone||52 (322) 226-5000|
|Also Known As||