- 3 free-form pools, including an adults-only pool with cabanas
- Glass-enclosed fitness center with high-tech cardio machines
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the property
- Beachfront location
- Kids' club features video games and small playground
- Lobby bar with live music, karaoke
- Zen Set Spa features modern decor and many treatment options
- Butler service
- Beach is narrow and usually crowded with vendors
- Suite kitchens don't have dishwashers or ovens
Oyster Hotel Panoramas
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Beachside resort with modern decor and a posh ambience
Modern and bold, this upscale resort is housed in a vibrant, 15-story tower overlooking a narrow strip of Las Glorias beach in this zone just north of downtown Vallarta. It's a great location if you want to be near the Vallarta action -- but not exactly a hideaway, what with the busy road into town nearby.
The hotel grounds, pools, suites, and decks are decidedly serene, engaging spaces, with the contemporary style and vibrant color balanced and enhanced with lush plantings, lawns, and plenty of lounging space. They are striving for a posh and exclusive ambience here, and seemingly have attained it.
Beachside location in the Northern Hotel Zone, but a bit of a walk from downtown's restaurants and bars
This resort overlooks a small stretch of narrow beach and towers above several smaller, older hotels -- including sister properties Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort All-Inclusive and Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort. Located at the end of a short cobbled street a block off the main highway in the Northern Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza is a bit of a walk from bustling downtown and the lively Malecon boardwalk, so many guests opt for a 10-minute cab ride instead.
Puerto Vallarta is one of Mexico's most picturesque beach destinations, with historic white-washed buildings, and cerulean seas set against a rugged mountain skyline. The massive Banderas Bay alone offers over 25 miles of seashore. With all this ocean comes a variety of water sports, like scuba diving with manta rays off Islas Marietas, boating around Los Arcos' reefs, and parasailing off of the popular Playa Los Muertos.
Other popular daytime activities include shopping -- not just the annoying beach vendor kind -- at Puerto Vallarta's mazelike markets. One of the best, Rio Cuale Flea Market, has multiple vendors selling wood carvings, handmade jewelry, and glass and beadwork (among many other items). But be prepared to haggle down those prices!
Puerto Vallarta stays awake when the sun dips below the horizon. Steamy salsa clubs light up the streets, and rowdy local bars supply a steady stream of cerveza for the thirsty traveler. Downtown Puerto Vallarta is the most happening and diverse area.
- 5- to 10-minute drive from Licenciado Diaz Ordaz International Airport
- 5- to 10-minute drive to Marina Vallarta, which has shops and restaurants
- 5- to 10-minute drive to Marina Vallarta Golf Club
- 5- to 10-minute drive to downtown Puerto Vallarta/Malecon boardwalk
Modern, spacious rooms with high-tech amenities and private balconies
Rooms and suites are spacious --- and all feature private balconies with ocean views. A modern and minimalist style pervades, with pale walls, tile floors, wooden furniture, and high-tech amenities like flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, and iPod docks. Homey touches like brightly colored accents and pillow menus keep the sleek surroundings from feeling overly sterile.
- 32-inch flat-screen TVs come with DVD players (DVDs are available for a fee)
- Bathrooms have marble finishes and Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries
- Suites offer living rooms with queen-size sofa beds, kitchenettes with granite counters and appliances (no dishwashers or ovens), and luxe bathrooms with Jacuzzi tubs and double sink vanities.
- Fitness Suites have cardio machines, free weights, Pilates balls, and workout mats.
- Spa Suites include scent diffusers, Zen Spa products, and Shiatsu massage chairs.
- Family Suites feature beach kits for kids and Xbox game consoles.
Rooms and Rates
- Adults-only sundeck features 3 open-air Jacuzzis set at different temperatures
- 3 free-form pools with panoramic ocean views
- Zen Set Spa offers an extensive array of treatments in clean, contemporary setting
- Kids' club, with video games, arts and crafts, and small playground for children ages 4 to 12
- Glass-enclosed fitness center with five high-tech cardio machines and free weights
- Outdoor tennis court
- Butler service
- View Full List of Amenities
Two restaurants offer a choice between casual and gourmet dining, while the lobby bar features drinks and live music.
In addition to its two restaurants and two separate bars, a small deli sells snacks, wine, and sandwiches. All-inclusive meal plans are available.
- Mirador Bistro & Grill serves three meals (buffet and/or a la carte) in a casual indoor/outdoor setting, with an open kitchen
- La Trattoria di Luciano serves dinner only, features a gourmet Italian menu (This restaurant, under another name and with a separate entrance, is also part of the all-inclusive package at the adjacent Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort sister property)
- La Canela Deli has sandwiches, wines, snacks, minimal groceries, not part of the all-inclusive meal plan
- Poolside Aqua Bar offers drinks and spectacular ocean views.
- Sunset Lobby Bar features live music on Fridays and karaoke on Saturdays.
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Diego Rivera 121, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco 48330, Mexico|
|Phone||52 (322) 226-2757|