- Excellent downtown location right on the River Walk
- Bright, sophisticated rooms with iPod docks
- Bathrooms have big tubs, separate showers, and Gilchrist & Soames toiletries
- Elegant and luxurious without feeling pretentious
- One of the city’s best hotel restaurants
- Renowned spa is a good value
- Small rooftop pool with excellent city views and drink service
- Often pricier than its competitors
- Tube TVs in most rooms
- Some rooms face wall of a neighboring building
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
The re-branded version of a previous hotel in a completely refurbished building that oozes class and modern style.
Previously the site of the Watermark Hotel -- and long before that, a 19th-century saddlery -- this 99-room boutique property is one of the most luxurious options on the River Walk. Leather couches, limestone walls, and wooden accents give the lobby a modern vibe that feels luxurious without being snooty.
The sumptuous decors extends to the Mokara brand's 17,000-square-foot signature spa, which features 18 private treatment rooms, as well as separate men's and women's relaxation lounges with plush furnishings, Jacuzzis and steam rooms.
Right on San Antonio’s famed River Walk, with a number of excellent restaurants in its vicinity and close to historical attractions
Located on a small street fronting San Antonio’s famed River Walk, the Mokara is walking distance from restaurants, shops, tourist attractions, and historic sites.
San Antonio is a cultural city, with Latin communities and outdoor markets in La Villita, the oldest neighborhood in San Antonio. During the summer, festivals are held almost every week and flamenco dancers often perform. To escape the oppressive summer heat, the young and hip cool down with margaritas on River Walk, a winding street lined with restaurants and bars, while families opt to visit theme parks such as Splash Town and Six Flags. San Antonio is particularly kid-friendly, with numerous amusement parks, bike paths, HemisFair Park (park and convention center complete with gardens and playgrounds), and a zoo.
- 15-minute-drive to San Antonio International Airport
- 1-minute-walk to the River Walk
- 10-minute-walk to the Alamo
- 10-minute-walk to Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
- 12-minute-walk to La Villita park
- 15-minute-walk to Tower of the Americas
- 6-minute-drive to the King William Historical District
- 6-minute drive to the Alamodome
Spacious, modern, and bright, with nice extras -- but some have views of a brick wall and only the Riverview Suites have flat-screen TVs (in living room only).
Sunlight streams into Mokara's high-ceilinged, spacious rooms, which feature cream-colored walls, wood furnishings, and elegant four-poster beds. Luxe bathrooms include marble countertops, Jacuzzi tubs, and Gilchrist & Soames toiletries. Room views vary greatly, as some rooms face a neighboring building's brick wall.
- Bright rooms that let in plenty of ambient light
- Attractive in-room furnishings and four-poster beds
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Elegant marble countertops, big tubs (some jetted), and separate showers in bathrooms
- iPod docks
- Cappuccino/coffeemakers with free coffee and tea
- High ceilings and ceiling fans
- Free Wi-Fi in rooms
- Most rooms have tube TVs; Riverview Suites have flat-screen TVs (in living room only)
- Riverview rooms enjoy the best views and come with balconies; chance of facing a neighboring building’s brick wall in other rooms
Rooms and Rates
- Ostra features a menu specializing in sustainable seafood and an atmosphere somewhat reminiscent of a Mediterranean waterside café. A full wine list and specialty tequilas are available. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Rooftop Café, next to the pool, offers sandwiches, salads, and cocktails in a casual setting with beautiful city views
- Poolside cocktail service
- Room service around-the-clock
- Several nearby restaurants within walking distance
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||212 W. Crockett, San Antonio, Texas 78205, United States|