- Lush grounds with beautiful ocean views
- Each of the suites comes equipped with two bicycles and free Wi-Fi
- Two white-sand beaches with tons of free water sports
- The resort features tennis courts and an attractive pool overlooking the ocean
- The 140-acre, secluded resort is quiet and can feel almost empty even during high occupancy
- Grand and premier suites have private plunge pools
- The size of the resort (as well as the number of stairs) can make it difficult to get around
- Standard suites feel a bit dated -- and the bathrooms have tiny showers
- Fitness center is cramped, with just a few machines
- Most rooms lack TVs (a pro for some)
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
On Virgin Gorda, with two beaches
The Biras Creek Resort is tucked into the North Sound of Virgin Gorda, the British Virgin Islands' second largest island. Virgin Gorda has a small airport (mostly used by chartered planes), but the majority of guests reach the hotel by boat; flying in by helicopter is another option.
Most guests fly into Beef Island Airport (adjacent to Tortola). From there, a hotel representative will take guests on the short drive to Trellis Bay where the hotel's ferry will bring passengers straight to Biras Creek. The ferry ride takes about 30 minutes. Those who fly into the Virgin Gorda Airport will also be met by a hotel representative who will drive guests the 20 minutes to Gun Creek Harbor, from which they will take a five-minute boat ride to the resort.
Spread out over 140 acres, this quiet resort features two beaches. The one that looks out at the North Sound has calm, well-protected waters -- great for families -- while the other beach is rockier with more waves.
Rooms and Rates
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||P.O. Box 54, VG1150, Caribbean|