- Not on the beach or water
- No children 15 or younger (a pro for some)
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
An intimate inn with just eight rooms set in a historic home
Originally the home of Sea Captain Thomas L. Snow from Harwich, built in the 1830s, the building has served as a B&B for over 65 years. In 2010, innkeepers Annabelle and Simon took over and gave the inn a thorough renovation. What used to look like something your grandmother decorated (with flowery linens and pastels) now looks like a very chic, New York-style boutique -- that happens to be located in a charming Cape Cod town. The decor and furnishings are contemporary and streamlined, with lots of black and white, dark plank wood floors, and modern colorful art on the walls.
Guests can relax in the Map Room, with its original pumpkin pine flooring and fireplace, or enjoy games, magazines, or books in the Sitting Room overlooking the patio and pool. Later in the afternoon, the Sitting Room turns into a place for socialization, with afternoon tea and evening hors d’oeurves. The innkeepers are happy to offer concierge services such as making dinner reservations, arranging day trips, or providing tips and advice on local attractions.
As any Cape traveler will tell you, the cost for beach parking can add up very quickly over a vacation (anywhere from $15 to $25 or more per day, depending on the beach), so beachgoers would do well to take full advantage of the free parking at Earle Beach just down the road from the inn.
A central part of the Cape that's a short walk to the beach
Situated on a quiet side street, The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn may not be on the water, but it’s a quick drive to a local beach where inn guests can park for free. It's only about a half mile away, so you could walk there in about 10 minutes. There are several restaurants, bars, and shops within walking distance of the property. And if you’re curious about the Cape’s quintessential cranberry bogs, be sure to stop by the Harwich farm for a tour.
Harwich itself is a prime spot to see all of the Cape. It's about 15 minutes from Chatham, which has a very quaint little town square, and less than an hour to Provincetown, the nightlife capital at the tip of the Cape.
- 90-minute drive from Boston Logan International Airport.
- 5-minute walk to Main Street in Harwich, where you’ll find Rite Aid and Ocean State Job Lot for necessities
- 5-minute drive to Harwich Port
- 5-minute drive to Dennis
- 3-minute drive/10-minute walk to Earle Beach
- 20-minute drive to Chatham
- 40- to 60-minute drive to Provincetown
New York City chic meets Cape Cod quaint
Before renovations, the rooms at Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn looked like something you’d find in your grandmother’s house -- antique, but not in a good way. In 2010, the flowery wallpaper, wicker chairs, and doilies were replaced with crisp white walls and linens, marble baths, dark plank wood floors, and modern technology. The result looks more like a modern, chic New York boutique hotel than a 200-year-old B&B.
- Comfortable beds with down (or down alternative) duvets
- Flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and DVD players
- Marble baths with walk-in showers and rain showerheads
- LATHER toiletries
- Free Wi-Fi
- Superior Rooms have either a private balcony or direct access to the pool, plus fireplaces and soaking tubs.
- Luxury Superior Rooms are bigger and have cathedral ceilings. They are also separated from the main building and have sliding glass patio doors that lead to their own patios. These rooms have gas fireplaces, minibars with soft drinks, coffeemakers, and soaking tubs in addition to the walk-in showers.
Rooms and Rates
This inn has a decent pool and some nice freebies
- Free parking on site, and at nearby Earle Beach
- Sitting Room with games, books, cards, and DVDs for borrowing
- Outdoor pool is relaxing.
- Free gourmet in-room breakfast daily (or poolside)
- Plenty of nature watching (guests can use the inn’s binoculars for bird watching)
- Free soft drinks, snacks, tea, coffee, and evening hors d’oeurves in the Sitting Room
|Things to Do||
|Address||186 Belmont Rd, West Harwich, Harwich 02671, United States|