Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Perfect volcano views and harmony with the outdoors
If views are what you're after, the Arenal Kioro is tough to top. The hotel's developers used a laser to align each room with the volcano, so there's not a bad view in the house. (Though the views from the second floor are slightly better than views from the first floor.) Even better, there's no risk of future development marring the outlook, because the hotel abuts Arenal Volcano National Park.
The hotel makes the most of not only the views, but the entire natural setting. Part of the lobby is open-air, overlooking green hills; there's an outdoor area off of the restaurant; and every room has not one, but two terraces. On the grounds, stone paths wind through lush landscaping, and waterfalls connect seven small pools filled with natural thermal waters.
Located in one of the most beautiful parts of Costa Rica, but far from airports and most other tourist attractions
The hotel is located in La Fortuna, home to hot springs, the 236-foot Waterfall La Fortuna and the 5,437-foot Arenal Volcano. The hotel is so close to the volcano you can actually hear and see small tephra eruptions from the guest rooms.
- 3-hour drive to San Jose and Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)
- 2.5-hour drive to Liberia Airport
- 5-hour drive to Manuel Antonio National Park, home to some of the country's best beaches, an evergreen forest, and diverse wildlife (including monkeys, sloths, tucans, and iguanas)
Rooms at the Arenal Kioro are pretty much identical. The only difference between Couples Suites and Family Suites is the bed type: Couples Suites have a king bed, and Family Suites have two queen beds. The hotel only has two floors, and all rooms have exceptional views.
All rooms include:
- Two terraces, one with a view of the volcano, the other with a view of the garden or mountains
- Indoor Jacuzzi
- Safe large enough for a laptop
- Coffee maker
- Satellite TV
- Hair dryer
- 24-hour room service from Heliconias; late-night menu from 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- Couples Suite: King bed; sofa bed
- Family Suite: Two queen beds; sofa bed
Rooms and Rates
On-site hot springs and free Wi-Fi
- Spa open daily 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; offers a range of services including massages, body treatments, facials, and couples treatments
- On-site hot springs in seven small waterfall-connected pools, each with different minerals and massaging jets
- 24-hour pool
- 24-hour small fitness center
- Tennis court
- 24-hour game room with ping pong and pool tables
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
- Conference and meeting rooms
- Copy and fax service available at the front desk
- Two computers available to use in the lobby
- Titoku Hot Springs, 3.5 miles from the hotel, feature eight pools of different temperatures and sizes.
Fine dining restaurant Heliconias features terrific volcano views.
|Things to Do||
Gameroom / Arcade
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||San Carlos, 10 km NE of La Fortuna, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Province of Alajuela 21007, Costa Rica|
|Phone||0115 (062) 479-1700|