- Convenient location within walking distance of designer shops and the Arc de Triomphe
- Breakfast room and bar have high-style, Art Deco-inspired decor
- Charming rooms with stylish, eclectic decor that includes antique-y touches
- Flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi
- Massages are available
- No spa, gym, or full restaurant (breakfast is available)
- Room decor varies significantly
The 23-room Hotel Mathis is an upscale boutique property in the 8th arrondissement, within walking distance of designer shops and the Arc de Triomphe. The attractive, Art Deco-inspired decor is particularly impressive in the cozy breakfast room, which has crystal chandeliers, rich blue banquet seating, and crown moldings, as well as in the bar, which has plush red couches. Most rooms have a toned-down version of this look (antique-like lamps, rich curtains, prettily patterned desk chairs), but some have modern elements that contribute to a more eclectic feel. All have flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi. The hotel's charm and level of luxury are comparable to the Hotel Daniel's, but prices are often better here (though they're still not cheap).