Tubac Golf Resort & SpaTucson, Arizona, United States
- Scenic desert setting with great views of the Santa Rita Mountains
- Challenging 27-hole championship golf course
- Full-service spa with variety of treatments and sauna
- Big rooms in Spanish-colonial style with fireplaces
- Peaceful outdoor heated pool and bubbling Jacuzzi
- Cozy Stables Ranch Grille with outdoor seating
- Tubac is an art colony town with many galleries
- Spanish mission-style wedding chapel
- Nightly resort fee (includes Wi-Fi)
- Some old tube TVs (most rooms have flat-screen TVs)
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Relaxing golf and spa getaway
The Tubac Golf Resort & Spa is one of the oldest resorts in Arizona and one of the most beloved among golfers. Located an hour south of Tucson in the tiny art colony town of Tubac, about 25 miles north of Mexico, this resort offers a peaceful getaway in a valley bordered by the Tumacori and Santa Rita Mountains. The Spanish colonial architecture helps create an old-world, relaxed feel throughout the rooms and common areas. Beyond the golf course and the spa, the on-site restaurant, Stables Ranch Grille, is the source of the hotel's scene. This fine-dining eatery with saddles for bar stools offers outdoor seating and a cozy dining room with beautiful views of the Santa Rita Mountains and golf course.
Located in the art colony town of Tubac about one hour south of Tucson
The Tubac Golf Resort & Spa is located one hour south of Tucson on I-19 in the town of Tubac. Mexico is 25 miles to the south of the resort. The 500-acre property is within walking distance of a restaurant and store in Tubac, but a vehicle is essential to visit any attractions outside Tubac. Parking at the resort is free.
Tubac is a unique town in Arizona. This tiny arts colony contains dozens of galleries and shops featuring the works of many artists. Tumacacori National Historic Park is located in Tubac and preserves three Spanish missions dating back to the 18th century. In addition to shopping and sightseeing, the area is known for outdoor recreation including hiking, birdwatching, mountain biking, and rock climbing. In recent years, several wineries have opened in this area of Arizona, and wine tasting tours are available too.
Although higher and wetter than Tucson, Tubac is still in the desert and gets hot in the summertime with temperatures ranging in the 100s from May to mid-September. Winter is the busy season when visitors succumb to the temptations of 70-degree days and pleasant evenings around a fire pit. Yet summers can be enjoyable too -- by sticking close to a pool or indulging in shopping -- just remember to pack extra water and avoid exertion in the mid-day sun. Locals might suggest taking a siesta -- “nap” in Spanish -- during midday hours.
- 1-hour drive from Tucson International Airport
- 40-minute drive to Mission San Xavier del Bac
- 1-hour drive to the the Center for Creative Photography at the University of Arizona
- 1-hour drive to Reid Park Zoo
- 1-hour drive to Pima Air and Space Museum
- 1-hour drive to Old Tucson Studios
- 1-hour drive to the Arizona-Sonoran Desert Museum
- 1-hour 25-minute drive to the De Grazia Gallery in the Sun
- 1-hour 25-minute drive to Sabino Canyon Recreation Area
- 1-hour 25-minute drive to La Encantada shopping area
- 1-hour 25-minute drive to Saguaro National Park East
- 2-hour drive to Mt. Lemmon Ski Valley
- 3-hour drive to Phoenix
Stylish and modern Hacienda suites, along with 46 comfortable older rooms
Rooms at the Tubac Golf Resort & Spa can be broken down into two categories: the new Hacienda suites and the older rooms. There are 52 new Hacienda suites that are modern and stylish, offering fireplaces, large bathrooms with soaking tubs, and flat-screen TVs. The Casita suites and Posada rooms make up the 46 older rooms on the property and are available at a lower price point. All rooms include robes, Wi-Fi, and large tiled bathroom counters. Exterior entrances are the norm at this sprawling resort.
In 2007 a renovation updated the Casita Suites and Posada Rooms with new beds, furniture, and decor. All rooms feature southwestern touches such as red tile floors, decorative tiles in the bathrooms, and rough-hewn wood Mexican furniture. Patios and fireplaces complete the suite offerings.
- Mostly flat-screen TVs (although some old tube TVs remain)
- Wi-Fi included with resort fee
- Cker with free tea and coffee
- In-room soffeemaafes are big enough for laptops.
- Hacienda Suites built in 2010 include king beds, sunken living rooms, 650 square feet of space, fireplaces, and patios.
- Casita Suites include a king or two queen beds, 800 square feet of space, fireplace, and patio.
- Posada Rooms include 350 square feet of space and a king or two queen beds.
27-hole golf course in a gorgeous setting with mountain views
The Tubac Golf Resort & Spa draws travelers for its many features. First and foremost is the challenging 27-hole golf course that winds along the Santa Cruz River. Other features for outdoor recreation include a tennis court and hiking and biking trail. If relaxation is the goal, this resort offers a heated pool and Jacuzzi along with a big spa with sauna and long list of treatments. In addition to regular features like a fitness center that might be expected at this type of resort, Tubac keeps things interesting by offering extra features like Pancho's, a store selling hand-made home furnishings and decor.
- Championship 27-hole golf course
- Tennis courts
- Heated pool and Jacuzzi
- 4,000-square-foot Hacienda-style spa
- 24-hour fitness center
- Hiking and biking trail
- Spanish mission style wedding chapel
- Pancho’s offers hand-made home furnishings and decor.
- Over 7,000 square feet of event space
- View full list of amenities
Stables Ranch Grille and La Cantina
Stables Ranch Grille is a fine-dining restaurant serving southwestern cuisine that is open daily for dinner. There are sweeping views of the Santa Rita Mountains from certain seats in the restaurant. Outdoor seating is also available and there is a lounge with western decor that serves a bar menu during dinner hours.
- La Cantina serves casual food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner .
- Room service available from early morning to night
Customers Who Viewed Tubac Golf Resort & Spa Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
When it comes to destination weddings, the planning stages are rife with options. Couples can choose to wed beachside or…