Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A luxe condo-resort with few amenities, but can't-be-beat suites and a beachfront location
The Tuscany on Grace Bay
The ornate front gates at the Tuscany require that all those arriving be cleared before entering -- a procedure that tends to build up expectations for a magnificent and highly exclusive property. In many ways the property lives up to those expectations: The large pool and surrounding grounds are beautiful, and the huge suites (all of which face the ocean) are nothing short of stunning.
When it comes to amenities though, the Tuscany falls a bit short, as the property has no restaurant, spa, or bar. However, a beautiful Grace Bay location, two lit tennis courts, and a decent-size fitness center help to even out the lack of other features, as do above-and-beyond concierge services and close proximity to a slew of restaurants and shops.
What really helps make up for the lack of amenities, though, are massive suites, which are gorgeous and well-maintained. All 42 three-bedroom units are identical in layout, with a whopping 2,000 square feet that includes a full kitchen, spacious dining and living room, and a screened-in balcony or porch with cushioned daybeds you’ll be tempted to sleep on. One or two bedrooms can be locked off, making the huge units more affordable for small families and couples.
Travelers more interested in amenities than massive rooms could get a Villas Junior Suite at the Grace Bay Club for about the same price, and enjoy an on-site spa, three pools, and several restaurants and bars. But for travelers who want a full kitchen and a massive oceanfront terrace with plush patio furniture, the Tuscany is an excellent option.
Right on Grace Bay, this resort is the closest to the golf club, and is just a short trip by foot or car to most everywhere else.
The Tuscany sits alongside Providenciales’ best resorts on Grace Bay. Consistently named one of the world’s best beaches, this 12-mile beach is revered for both its shockingly bright turquoise water and its powdery sand. The resort is also just around the corner from the golf club, and a short drive away from shopping, restaurants, and a grocery store.
- 20-minute drive from Providenciales International Airport
- 1-minute walk to Grace Bay (property is located on the beach)
- 10-minute walk, or 2-minute drive, to Provo Golf Club
- 5-minute drive to Graceway grocery store
- 7-minute drive to shops and restaurants at Regent Village and Salt Mills shopping centers
- 10-minute drive to the Caicos Conch Farm, the world’s only conch farm
- 15-minute drive to Smith’s Reef for snorkeling
- 20-minute drive to Da Conch Shack and Rum Bar
Arguably the nicest and largest suites on the island
Standard Three-Bedroom Suite
The Tuscany’s 42 immaculate, top-of-the-line condo suites -- all outfitted with high-tech kitchens, spacious bathrooms, and comfortable beds -- are among the most luxurious on the island. The closest competition is the Regent Grand, but units there have smaller patios, smaller kitchens, and inconsistent decor quality.
- All units are identical in layout with an open floor plan, top-of-the-line kitchen, dining room, living room, and massive screened-in porch or balcony with ocean views.
- Four-poster king beds in all master bedrooms
- Massive 66-inch flat-screen TVs and DVD players in the living rooms; smaller (but still quite large) flat-screen TVs in all bedrooms
- Full kitchens feature granite countertops, top-of-the-line appliances, and all the cookware, dishes, and utensils needed.
- Screened-in porches and patios are huge and feature two padded lounge chairs that are large enough to double as daybeds, and a table for four.
- A second balcony off of the dining room is small and has no patio furniture.
- Master bathrooms with two vanities, a corner soaking tub and walk-in shower, and marble countertops
- Dual washer/dryers
- Zents bathroom products with delicious scents like Mandarin and Fig
- Free loaner cell phones (with a limited number of rechargeable minutes) provided for each unit
- CD-player/radio alarm clocks
- Free Wi-Fi
- Decor varies due to the influences of individual owners; however, the aesthetic is luxurious and tasteful across the board.
- No turndown service at night, but daily housekeeping
- If the 2,000-square-foot, three-bedroom layout is a touch too much, extra bedrooms can be locked off; one-bedroom suites still measure in at about 1,600 square feet.
A large pool, beachfront location, and exceptional concierge services -- but not much else
The tennis courts
- Guest-only umbrellas and lounge chairs on the beach
- Large, if somewhat unadorned, pool and Jacuzzi located in a Mediterranean villa-style courtyard with lovely landscaping
- Two tennis courts with lighting for night play
- Two barbecue grills between the pool and the beach
- Kitchen-stocking option for guests that supply a grocery list 48 hours prior to arrival
- Concierge can help arrange dinner reservations, in-room meal delivery, private chefs, and spa services (both at a local or spa or in-room)
- An adequate fitness center featuring five cardio machines, dumbbells, and a Cybex multi-station
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the property
- No restaurant, bar, or spa
- Free parking -- one reserved space per unit
- One laptop to use in the lobby with free Internet
- Free loaner bicycles for touring the island
Made up of 42 huge three-bedroom luxury units (which can be converted to one- and two-bedroom suites), this condo resort offers stunning views of the sea from its lovely pool as well as from every balcony. Sure, there’s no on-site restaurant, bar, or spa, but full kitchens, a picturesque beach, and a short walk or drive to the island’s best shopping, dining, and golf help make up for shortcomings.
Things You Should Know About The Tuscany on Grace Bay
- Grace Bay Road, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
- Tuscany Villa Suite - One Bedroom
- Tuscany Villa Suite - Three Bedroom
- Tuscany Villa Suite - Two Bedroom