Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 6 Albums
Customers Who Viewed Hotel Palazzo Dal Borgo Aprile Also Viewed
Oyster Hotel Review
Walking distance from attractions in central Florence
Hotel Palazzo Dal Borgo Aprile offers an advantageous location from which to explore Florence: It's a nine-minute walk from the Duomo and within a 15-minute walk of most other popular sights.
Florence is extremely pedestrian-friendly, and is one of Italy's most beautiful cities -- it's more compact, and less gritty, than Rome. The Duomo is the most iconic sight here, but other popular attractions include Michelangelo's "David" at the Galleria dell'Accademia, the works of Botticelli and da Vinci at the Uffizi, and the Ponte Vecchio bridge, which dates back to the 1300s. The Piazza della Signora is a popular tourist hub, and many hotels are located near it.
- 14-minute drive to Peretola Airport
- 2-minute walk to Santa Maria Novella -- a 14th century monastic church with archetypical Gothic architecture
- 8-minute walk to Libreria Cafe de la Cite, one of many salon-like cafes
- 8-minute walk to Oltrarno -- the southern and more working class part of the city with great family-run restaurants
- 9-minute walk to Florence's most famous landmark the Duomo
- 10-minute walk to Piazza de Signoria -- the historical political center of Florence
- 10-minute walk Palazzo Vecchio, Florence's town hall
- 12-minute walk to the Uffizi Gallery which houses Botticelli's "Birth of Venus"
- 15-minute walk to the Galleria dell’Accademia where the Michelangelo's famous David statue is housed
- 12-minute drive to Piazzale Michelangelo for stunning views of the Arno Valley and the city of Florence
- 13-minute drive to Basilica di San Minianato al Monte -- a 13th century church offering gorgeous views and architecture
- 1-hour drive to Lucca
- 1-hour, 10-minute drive to Siena
- 1-hour, 13-minute drive to Pisa
- 3-hour drive to Rome
Hotel Palazzo Dal Borgo Aprile is a family-run hotel in a Renaissance building. Rooms are decorated in traditional Florentine style with canopy beds and rich upholstery, and street-side rooms on the upper floors offer fantastic views over the rooftops of central Florence. Despite the age of the building -- it was built in 1480 -- bathrooms are functional and have large bathtubs. Hotel perks include a lovely terrace in the back of the hotel, free breakfast in the charming bar, and free Wi-Fi. Room keys attached to large red tassels are a memorable touch.
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Hotel Palazzo Dal Borgo Aprile
- Via Della Scala 6 Florence, FI 50123 Italy
- Double Classic Room
- Double Superior Room
- Family Room
- Junior Suite
- Quadruple Room
- Single Room
- Triple Room