Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club Lake PlacidLake Placid, New York, United States
- Private beach access and 45-holes of golf
- Four restaurants, including the scenic Great Room Lobby and Bar
- Walking distance to downtown shops, restaurants and bars
- Indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center and pool table
- Outdoor tennis courts
- Flat-screen TVs, coffeemakers, microwaves and mini-fridges
- Views of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains from some rooms
- Many rooms come with balconies and gas fireplaces
- Free parking and Wi-Fi
- Breakfast is not included
- No outdoor pool
- Located on a steep hill, making walks into town more difficult
- Rooms in the main section are outdated compared to those in the Adirondack Wing
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 53 Adirondack Wing - King Room
- 61 Adirondack Wing - King Suite
- 30 Amenities
- 13 Beach
- 35 Main Hotel - Double Queen Room with Lake View
- 46 Main Hotel - Family Suite
Oyster Hotel Review
A spacious, family-friendly resort in a comfortable lakeside setting
Situated on a hill, this resort offers excellent views of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains. The overall feel of the space fits into its surroundings, featuring slate flooring, wood paneling and antiques and art in the common areas. The Great Room lobby bar and restaurant is an enormous lodge-like space with a grand fireplace and oversized furniture -- a superb spot to take in the views and relax with a drink. The hotel itself is spread out, and the Adirondack Wing (the most updated area of the resort) has its own entrance and parking lot. Resort facilities and restaurants are located in various spots around town, so the main hotel rarely feels crowded. Overall, the resort has a comfortable and unpretentious feel and most often appeals to families and romantics in search of relaxation close to town. Businesses and groups also take advantage of the meeting facilities.
Perched with prime views on a hill and within walking distance to Mirror Lake, and downtown shops and restaurants
The Crowne Plaza is centrally located just a quick walk or drive from Main Street -- the hub of Lake Placid. From town, there is an easily accessible 2.7-mile fitness trail circling Mirror Lake. Other aspects of the resort, including the Boat House restaurant, private beach and golf courses, are located across the lake from the main building. Lake Placid is a small town and most destinations are within short driving distance from each other.
- 27-minute drive to Adirondack Regional Airport
- 2-minute walk to the Olympic Center
- 5-minute walk to downtown Lake Placid with plenty of restaurants and bars
- 5-minute walk to Mirror Lake beach
- 5-minute drive or 15-minute walk to the Lake Placid Golf Club
- 5-minute drive to the Olympic Sports Complex and the Olympic Ski Jumping Complex
- 7-minute drive to Jon Brown’s Farm
- 14-minute drive to High Falls Gorge
- 16-minute drive to Whiteface Mountain Ski Center
- 25-minute drive to Santa’s Workshop
- 40-minute drive to The Wild Center
- 1-hour drive to the Adirondack Museum
A variety of modestly decorated rooms, suites and small chalets sleeping from one to eight people
The most desirable rooms are found in the Adirondack Wing, which features updated interiors (compared to the rest of the resort), spacious balconies, and gas fireplaces. Rooms in the main hotel, though clean, are a bit outdated in comparison and have smaller balconies. In turn, though, rates in the Adirondack Wing tend to be higher.
In the main hotel, choose from rooms featuring one king, two double or two queen beds -- family units are also available, featuring a king room with two adjoining double rooms. In the Adirondack Wing, standard rooms feature either one king or two queen beds with private balconies, jetted double-sized tubs and separate showers. Most come with gas fireplaces. Keep in mind not all rooms have a lake view -- some overlook the road. For larger groups, opt for the Adirondack Wing suites, the Tower Suites, Chalets or the Grandview Cottage.
- Flat-screen TVs, microwaves and mini-fridges
- Some lake-view rooms in the main hotel come with fireplaces and jetted shower/tub combos.
- Adirondack Wing suites are either one or two bedrooms with full kitchens, living rooms with queen pull-out sofas, gas fireplaces, large balconies, and double-size jetted tubs with separate showers. They can sleep up to six people.
- Tower Suites are one-bedrooms with full kitchens, living rooms, queen pull-out sofas, queen Murphy beds, and jetted double-sized tubs with separate showers. They sleep up to six people.
- Chalets are separate from the main buildings and have kitchenettes, fireplaces and good views. With the loft, they can sleep up to four people.
- The Grandview Cottage is a full three-king bedroom unit and can sleep up to eight people.
Plenty to offer outdoor enthusiasts including a 45-hole golf course, row boats, and Cross-Country Ski and snowshoe rentals in the winter
- Great Room restaurant and bar in the lobby has lake and mountain views, comfy lounge furniture, a pool table and an English-style bar with flat-screen TVs showing sporting events.
- Guests receive discounts to the historic 45-hole Golf Club.
- In season there is a Cross-Country and Snowshoe Center for rentals and groomed trails.
- Private beach club featuring rowboat and paddleboat rentals
- Indoor pool with attached Jacuzzi, lounge chairs and an outdoor sundeck
- Fitness center
- Peaceful seasonal patio with beautiful views
- Free Wi-Fi and plenty of parking
- Indoor and outdoor Golf Club event space can be reserved for wedding ceremonies and receptions
- Meeting rooms for business and group conventions
- View Full List of Amenities
A lobby restaurant and bar serves lunch and dinner; three resort restaurants located a short walk from the main building offer everything from fine dining to beach-side meals.
- The Great Room in the hotel serves lunch and dinner and has beautiful views. The attached English-style bar is a good spot to have a pint and watch a sporting event.
- Lake Placid Club Boat House is a bar and restaurant serving seafood, steaks and pasta dishes. It is in a pretty building overlooking Mirror Lake with great sunset views.
- Veranda Restaurant is across the street from the hotel in a beautiful manor building. It serves traditional American and French cuisine. Bill Clinton celebrated his 54th birthday here.
- Lake Placid Club Golf House overlooks the historic golf course and its mountain backdrop. It has a seasonal patio that serves a casual lunch menu. The indoor year-round event space can be reserved for wedding receptions.
Customers Who Viewed Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club Lake Placid Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
When most people visit New York, they stay confined to the city limits. But while the Big Apple has its…
Things You Should Know About Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club Lake Placid
Address101 Olympic Drive, center of village, overlooking lake, Lake Placid, New York 12946, United States
- Deluxe Grand Suite
- Deluxe King Room
- Deluxe Lake View King Room
- Deluxe Lake View Two Queens Room
- Deluxe Suite
- Deluxe Two Queens Room
- Family Suite
- King Guest Room w/ Sofabed
- King Room
- Lake View 2 Queens Room
- Lake View King Room
- Lake View Two Doubles Room
- Standard Room
- Two Doubles Room
- Two Queens Room
- Whirlpool King Room