Travel Guide of Northwest San Antonio, San Antonio for: Omni San Antonio Hotel at the ColonnadeNorthwest San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas
Northwest San Antonio Summary
- Proximity to Six Flags, Seaworld, and other family attractions
- One of the only other areas to see in San Antonio other than Downtown/Riverwalk
- Plenty of restaurants and entertainment within short driving distance
- Friendly people; helpful locals
- Not within walking distance from tourist attractions of Downtown/Riverfront
- Not very walkable
- Some crime
What It's Like
Although most of the sights to see in San Antonio are located in the Downtown/Riverwalk area, the city is expanding in the direction of Northwest San Antonio. The area is a decent option for families, thanks largely to its proximity to Six Flags and Seaworld.
It also has plenty of shopping options, which Texas is known for. The Colonnade (a full 66 acres of dining, shopping, and entertainment), Huebner Oaks, Ingram Park Mall, and The Shops at La Cantera all cater to different shopping tastes, and are within walking distance from many major hotels in the area.
Where To Stay
For those who want easy access to Downtown's tourist attractions, stay near Highway 10, which runs directly into the heart of San Antonio. Many restaurants can be found along Highway 10 as well, especially where it intersects with Wurzbach Road. Some golfing and parks can be found along the outskirts of the area, especially towards the northern end of the neighborhood.