- Central, safe SoMa location
- All rooms updated with large flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and simple, fresh decor
- Several budget-friendly room options, such as those with shared bathrooms
- Guests have access to the Marriott's fitness center and spa (for a fee)
- Free coffee, tea, and muffins in the morning
- Small on-site bistro
- Convenient amenities like a guests' use computer and laundry facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Location more convenient for business travelers than tourists; removed from many attractions
- Some complaints of traffic noise in the rooms
- Very few on-site amenities; no fitness center and seating in lobby is minimal
- Rates can be surprisingly high considering the state of the property
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
For budget-minded guests who want to be near Union Square
Few families stay here; instead, the Mosser mostly welcomes solo travelers, couples, and business travelers who appreciate the location near Union Square. It's a great spot for business travelers particularly; some tourist attractions are nearby but most are further afield. While guests may meet at the daily free breakfast of muffins and coffee held in the lobby (which shows its age in the tired couches and dated wood-paneling), there are few common spaces -- unless you're booking a room with a shared bathroom.
Central SoMa location, particularly for those on business
The Mosser is technically located in SoMa, a mixed neighborhood of warehouses, art spaces, loft apartments, and technology company headquarters. Its convenient location, right next to the financial district and one block from the Moscone Center, is nearly perfect for business travelers. While it's close to several of the city's best museums and to Union Square, it's far from many tourist attractions and there's next to no nightlife here.
Union Square is just a few blocks away, as are SFMOMA, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, and the Contemporary Jewish Museum. The BART is also just a short walk, as are buses and cable cars, and cabs are easy to come by. The San Francisco International Airport is 30 minutes by car.
Clean rooms have dorm-style decor
The 166 rooms at the Mosser have dorm-like decor. It's clean enough and certainly not an eyesore, but dark-patterned rugs, beds with built-in drawers underneath, and cramped tiled bathrooms are certainly not luxe either. All rooms come with large flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi. The Mosser Twin and the Shared Bathroom Queen both have their own sinks and mirrors, but shared bathrooms are found down the hall. Deluxe Rooms and Executive Suites have private bathrooms.
Rooms and Rates
Free minimal breakfast and a bistro
Features here are few. Even the lobby, where a minimal free breakfast of muffins and coffee and tea is served, is small with little seating. There is, however, a guests' use computer to the side, and an on-site bistro. Guests can access the fitness center and spa at the Marriott next door for a daily fee. Wi-Fi is free.
|Things to Do||
|Address||54 Fourth Street, San Francisco, California 94103, United States|