- Stylish contemporary decor
- A large outdoor pool and terrace for sunbathing
- The Café restaurant serving breakfast and lunch
- An attractive lobby bar for drinks and dinner service
- Rooms have duvets, flat-screen TVs, and coffeemakers
- Free guest access to the attached athletic center
- Meeting and conference facilities next door
- A tented pavilion for large weddings
- Free parking and Wi-Fi in the common areas
- Free chocolate chip cookies at check-in
- A nondescript suburban location; driving distance to most attractions
- Limited dining options on-site
- Fee for in-room Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A contemporary business chain in a quiet suburban setting
The DoubleTree is located in a leafy suburban area outside of the city that's easy to reach from the highway. There is a large outdoor parking lot surrounding the property with free parking. The dull beige exterior of the hotel and conference center is dated, but modern interiors provide a welcome surprise. The spacious lobby area is inviting with contemporary furnishings and warm lighting. There is a Starbucks near the entrance, an on-site cafe, and a lobby bar, but reaching other drink and dining options will require a short drive.
On weekdays, the hotel draws a business crowd attending meetings; the lobby connects to a conference center that offers several different meeting room types. Families may appreciate the Olympic-size outdoor pool and terrace behind the property, and the tented white pavilion hosts numerous weddings. The athletic club is open to the public, and guests get free access (though certain activities come with a fee).
A quiet location off the highway near an upscale St. Louis suburb
The Doubletree is located in Chesterfield, a suburban location about a half hour drive from the city center along the I-64 Corridor. The area is considered upscale and offers pretty residential neighborhoods and clean parks. Downtown Chesterfield, with a number of restaurants and shops, is a five-minute drive away. The hotel is also near the Butterfly House and the Chesterfield Mall.
Even though airport transfers are available through the front desk, the city of St. Louis is quite spread out, and most people will find they need a car while visiting. Parking is free for guests.
St. Louis is a thriving Midwestern city, perhaps best known for the iconic Gateway Arch -- the 'Gateway to the West'.
- 22-minute drive to downtown Clayton
- 22-minute drive to Forest Park (home of the St. Louis Zoo, amphitheatre, museums, and activities)
- 23-minute drive Washington University campus
- 24-minute drive to the St. Louis Science Center
- 25-minute drive to Fox Theatre
- 25-minute drive to Lambert St. Louis International Airport
- 26-minute drive to the St. Louis Contemporary Art Museum
- 27-minute walk to Busch Stadium
- 31-minute drive to Anheuser Busch Brewery
- 32-minute drive to Laclede's Landing
- 33-minute drive to the Gateway Arch
Contemporary rooms have crisp white duvets and accent walls
The Doubletree is an older property, but the 223 rooms have been updated with modern furnishings, duvets, bold and neutral accent walls, fresh carpeting, drapes, and flat-screen TVs. Each room has a work space and ergonomic desk chair, though there's a fee for Wi-Fi. Standard Rooms come with a king, queen, or two double beds. A handful of suites offer separate living areas.
- Contemporary furnishings
- Duvets and white cotton sheets
- Feather and down pillows
- Coffeemakers with Wolfgang Puck coffee
- Desks and ergonomic desk chairs
- Flat-screen TVs
- Tub/shower combos
- Clock radios
Rooms and Rates
Free guest access to the on-site Chesterfield Athletic Club
An impressive 91,000 square foot fitness center is adjacent to the hotel. Day passes are available for hotel guests, though the club is used mostly by locals who have memberships. The following facilities are available:
- 15 indoor and outdoor tennis courts (for a fee)
- Basketball court (for a fee)
- Indoor pool with two lanes for swimming laps
- Spacious fitness area with cardio machines, weight machines, as well as separate spinning and yoga rooms
- A track for walking and jogging
- Racquetball court (for a fee)
- Ping-pong table
Children's menus, pools, and cribs
The DoubleTree may attract business travelers, but there are appealing features for families as well.
- The on-site restaurant offer children's menus and highchairs
- Cribs and playpens available for rooms
- Free use of outdoor pool
- Free access to the athletic club for an indoor pool and ping-pong; basketball, tennis, and racquetball offered for a fee
A cafe and a lobby bar
- The hotel's Café restaurant serves an American-style breakfast and lunch from a buffet or a la carte menu. It's a large multi-level space decorated with off-white leather chairs and contemporary art.
- The Lobby Bar serves American cuisine for dinner.
- The Starbucks in the lobby offers pastries and snacks for guests on the go.
- The adjacent athletic club has a café serving smoothies and healthy snacks.
- Room service is available daily
A contemporary space in the lobby for classic cocktails
The Lobby Bar is a spacious, inviting space decorated in autumn colors featuring bar seats, high top tables, and cozy lounge areas. There is a small outdoor terrace with tables as well. There is an extensive list of cocktails, wines, and beer both here and in the Café restaurant. Drinks can also be ordered through room service.
A Starbucks and sundries shop off the lobby sells coffee and non-alcoholic drinks; the athletic center also sells Starbucks coffee and refreshments.
For other bar and nightlife options, guests will need to drive or ask the front desk to call a taxi service.
Business-friendly environs and services to go along with it
- Computer station in the lobby with four computers, desk work space, and extra electrical outlets
- Free Wi-Fi in the main lobby; in-room Wi-Fi for a fee
- Sundries and essentials sold in the Starbucks Cafe area
- Express checkout from guest rooms
- Free parking
- Laundry and dry cleaning service
- Luggage storage
- ATM machine on-site
- Room service for food and drink
Business and Conventions
A conference center attached to the main hotel building
The DoubleTree offers a conference center on-site. There is a separate entrance from the parking lot, and guests can enter through the lobby of the hotel. The dull beige exterior is not much to look at from the outside, but inside there are modern facilities with high-tech capabilities.
- 36,000 square feet of meeting space
- Different room types including boardroom-style and stadium seating
- Can host up to 1,000 people for an event
- Event planners on-site to take care of arrangements
- Free parking and Wi-Fi in public areas
- Audio/visual equipment for rent
A heated tent facility and a Grand Ballroom for large events
The DoubleTree is a popular wedding spot in the Chesterfield area, and most weekends have a major event happening (if not several). There is an all-season heated white tent pavilion next to the outdoor pool which can host large traditional receptions. It has a dramatic vaulted ceiling with chandeliers, and though the carpet may not be to everyone's taste, the tables, chairs, lighting, and stage can be changed for formal events.
The culinary team can accommodate special requests, and are able to create menus for multicultural weddings. Event planners will provide wedding tools for couples such as space calculators and an on-line boot camp to help prepare for the big day.
A modern Grand Ballroom, next to the athletic center, was completed in September 2012 and can accommodate 500 people. This space is available for weddings as well.
ADA compliant throughout, with nine designated guestrooms
- Interior and exterior modifications meet ADA requirements
- Electronic devices for the audio and visually impaired are available upon request.
- Nine ADA-accessible guest rooms come with wider doors, removable showerheads, lower shelving for storage, and lower peepholes.
- Three rooms have roll-in showers.
- Ample handicap-accessible parking
A safe suburban location
- 24-hour staff and a security department on-site
- Plenty of self parking in lots surrounding the hotel
- Safes and deadbolts in each guest room
- Locked exterior doors at night that require room keys to access
- Safety deposit box behind front desk
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
|Address||16625 Swingley Ridge Road, Chesterfield, Missouri 63017, United States|
|Phone||1 (636) 532-5000|