Oyster's Fact or Fakeout: Wild Las Vegas Pool Parties, Ikea-Branded Hotels, and More!
WET Republic pool parties are one of the main draws at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Tickets for the WET Republic pool party at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas cost as much as spending a weekday night in a Standard Room.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Trump SoHo New York will offer free beauty treatments for Fashion’s Night Out to non-guests on a first-come, first-serve basis.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Only about half of the 100 “budget design” hotels Ikea announced plans to build across Europe will feature the Swedish company’s furniture.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa just got the green light to replace one of its historic 8-story wings with a 26-story tower fronting Waikiki Beach.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Guests who book a 50- or 80-minute treatment at the Ink48’s spa can get a second one and pay only that day’s high temperature.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FAKEOUT! Tickets for the popular pool parties are $40, which is only about a fourth of the weekday rate, and offer access to two saltwater pools, a full-service spa, cabanas, and DJ sessions.
2. FACT! The Spa at Trump SoHo will host a pop-up beauty bar offering hair, makeup and nail touch-ups from 5 to 8 p.m. on September 6th.
3. FAKEOUT! None of the hotels will feature Ikea furniture. The Swedish furniture-maker will build, develop and own the hotels, but they will not be branded or operated by Ikea.
4. FACT! The expansion project was challenged by local groups, but the Honolulu zoning board upheld a 2010 approval by the city’s planning and permitting department. Opponents will appeal.
5. FACT! The hotel is offering this spa special until the end of the month, so make you book your treatment before Friday!