Chamberlain West HollywoodWest Hollywood, Los Angeles, California
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Blink and you might miss the Chamberlain, pleasantly tucked away in a quiet residential pocket just a few minutes' walk from the Sunset Strip and the heart of West Hollywood. The hotel has 114 spacious, renovated rooms, an unpretentious vibe, and a nice rooftop pool, keeping right up there with its nearest competition, in particular the London.
Rooms range from a spacious-for-the-area 450 square feet (studio) to 650 square feet (one-bedroom suite), and each room comes with a balcony and gas fireplace. (Strangely, there are still a handful of permanent residents here, as evidenced by signs on their doors and some nonhotel-issue furniture on their balconies). After a renovation in December 2010, the One Bedroom and Executive suites still have all of the same amenities, like the fireplaces and balconies, but have been redesigned with fresh paint, wallpaper, and bathroom utilities. Now the rooms are comparable to the 750-square-foot, impeccably furnished suites five minutes away at the 200-room, but very private, London. One downside to the Chamberlain is that it's only four stories high on a downward sloping, shady, treelined street, which means that some rooms on the ground floor are unbearably dark.
Pets under 25 lbs. can stay for a fee, which is good for one week. Owners must also sign a waiver about being responsible for any damage caused by their pet.
The hotel also features a small business center with two Macs and two PCs and a fitness center that was renovated in 2012.
One of the hotel's greatest assets is its location, just a couple minutes' walk to the buzzing boulevards of Santa Monica, La Cienega, and Sunset. The Chamberlain's lobby, designed by David McCauley, a protégé of renowned interior designer Kelly Wearstler of the Viceroy in Santa Monica, still has plenty of charm. Herringbone tile, a tuxedo sofa, and neoclassical chairs add style, but the area can't fit more than about five people at a time. The rooftop pool, where an episode of Paris Hilton's My New BFF was filmed, is lovely, but much smaller than the London's, which also has poolside food and drink service from Gordon Ramsay. And with no dedicated concierge or proper doormen, the service doesn't impress. Front desk staffers take on multiple rolls, and, unfortunately, they don't always deliver.
In a quiet, reisidential area of West Hollywood
Chamberlain is located in a residential section of West Hollywood, a five-minute walk from the Sunset Strip, the mile-and-a-half stretch of Sunset Boulevard known for its cutting-edge rock clubs and night spots and its collection of premier boutiques and restaurants.
- Five- to 10-minute walk from famed music clubs like Whiskey A Go-Go, the Roxy, and Viper Room
- Touristy Hollywood Boulevard, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and the celebrity footsteps at Grauman's Chinese Theatre are a 10-minute drive.
- Universal Studios Hollywood, a movie-themed amusement park, is a 20-minute drive.
- Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills, an enclave of wealthy living and luxury shopping in the middle of L.A.'s westside, is a 10-minute drive.
- At least a 30-minute drive to Santa Monica and L.A.'s beaches
- Depending on traffic, the drive to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) can take up to 1.5 hours.
- Avoid a pricey cab from the airport (typically $45 to $50) by opting for a shuttle bus like SuperShuttle, which costs about one-third as much.
Chamberlain has one bistro restaurant just off the side of the main lobby. Many dishes at Bistro incorporate European and local Californian flavors to modern American foods. The restaurant is open for all meals, and menus can be found on Chamberlain's website. Patio seating is available.
- Guests are also welcome to dine on the rooftop, but food must be ordered through room service.
- In-room dining is available 24 hours.
Customers Who Viewed Chamberlain West Hollywood Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Oyster knows what travelers look for in their hotels. When we review properties around the world, we evaluate how every…
Things You Should Know About Chamberlain West Hollywood
Address1000 Westmount Drive, West Hollywood, California 90069, United States
Also Known As
- Chamberlain Hotel West Hollywood
- West Hollywood Chamberlain Hotel
- Deluxe Suite
- Executive King Suite
- Executive Queens Suite
- One Bedroom Suite
- One Bedroom Suite w/ Kitchenette
- Premier One Bedroom Suite
- Premier One Bedroom Suite w/ Kitchenette