Hotel Le MaraisFrench Quarter, New Orleans, Louisiana
- No restaurant
- Fee for valet parking
- No rollaway beds
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 26 Amenities
- 36 Pool
- 29 Premium King Room
- 20 Restaurants and Bars
- 45 Superior King Room
- 36 Superior Queen Room
Oyster Hotel Review
A contemporary boutique with a quiet courtyard complete with a saltwater pool
At first glance, Hotel Le Marais feels like your typical mid-range hotel -- the lobby is small and features colorful furniture; rooms are spacious and modern but somewhat generic; and there is no restaurant on-site. However, the lovely courtyard and the thoughtful details make it stand out.
Rooms are fairly spacious and contemporary, with white plantation shutters, dark wood furniture, and great amenities, including iPod docks and free Wi-Fi. Many of the rooms overlook the courtyard, a quiet respite from the heat and the French Quarter crowds; some feature balconies with either courtyard or street views. For a good night's sleep, request a room overlooking the patio.
The hotel’s freebies include continental breakfast, bottled water, a welcome drink, and in-room coffee, making it a good pick for those looking to save some cash. Business travelers will likely appreciate the small but well-equipped fitness center; free Wi-Fi; free use of the business center; and great location within walking distance both of the French Quarter action and the corporate offices in the Central Business District.
In the heart of the French Quarter, a short walk from Jackson Square and nightlife
Hotel Le Marais has a central location on a one-way street in the French Quarter. It is half a block from nightlife on Bourbon Street, and steps from great shopping and art galleries along Royal Street. The area can feel a little overrun by tourists day and night, and the many bars and strip clubs lining the sidewalks of Bourbon are not quite family-friendly. But the hotel’s location is ideal for those who want to explore the neighborhood and its many attractions on foot.
The property is also three blocks from Canal Street, which is the border between the French Quarter and the quieter Central Business District, so those in town for business can have a taste of both worlds.
- 22-minute drive to Louis Armstrong International Airport
- Half a block from nightlife on Bourbon Street
- Half a block from shopping and art galleries on Royal Street
- 6-minute walk to the Central Business District
- 6-minute walk to the riverfront Woldenberg Park
- 6-minute walk to St. Louis Cemetery No.1
- 7-minute walk from Jackson Square
- 9-minute walk from renowned Café du Monde
- 9-minute walk to Congo Square
- 14-minute walk to the Warehouse District
- 20-minute walk to the Museum District
Contemporary and spacious, with great amenities and welcome freebies
Hotel Le Marais offers three different room types. They’re all the same except for the views they offer -- Deluxe Rooms have limited views; Superior Rooms feature street or courtyard views; and Premium Rooms offer a small balcony with courtyard or French Quarter views.
All rooms have the same solid amenities -- including large flat-screen TVs and iPod docks -- and the same contemporary decor. The striped carpet and wood furniture feel a little generic, but the black tile in the bathroom, white plantation shutters, and black-and-white photos feel more upscale.
- 42-inch flat-screen TVs
- iPod docks
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free bottled water
- Coffeemakers with free Wolfgang Puck coffee
- Work desks with ergonomic chairs and easily accessible power outlets
- Archive toiletries
- In-room spa services by Le Jardin Spa on request (for a fee)
- Premium rooms have balconies
- Accessible rooms available
- No rollaway beds available
- No minibars
A small heated saltwater pool in a lovely courtyard
One of the property’s best assets is the small heated saltwater pool located in the charming courtyard. It is surrounded by comfortable loungers and umbrellas under which guests spend lazy afternoons. It is not big enough for a swim, but it’s great for a dip. At night, the courtyard turns into a lounge with heaters and a small bar serving drinks, but the pool closes after dinner.
Small gym with modern equipment
A few great freebies, including Wi-Fi
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free welcome drink at the bar
- Free continental breakfast served daily
- Free bottled water in every room
- Valet parking (for a fee)
- Accessible rooms available
- Laundry and dry-cleaning services
- In-room spa services by Le Jardin Spa
- One meeting room with audiovisual equipment
- Small business center with two computers and a printer/scanner
- Wake-up service
- Pets not allowed