Oyster Hotel Photos
Customers Who Viewed Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square Also Viewed
Midtown West, Manhattan
Oyster Hotel Review
Five minutes outside the razzle-dazzle of Times Square on a developing block that includes, in addition to a discount adult DVD shop, an enormous parking complex and several new hotels
Just two blocks south and one block west of West 42nd Street's bright lights and commercial density, the Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square is situated on a quieter, sparser midtown street, one that might feel a little less-than-comfortable at night.
Though once seedy, Times Square was reborn in the mid-'90s as a commercialized tourist haven, lit by 24-hour flashing billboards and themed restaurants like ESPN Zone and Bubba Gump Shrimp. Today, visitors walking the streets are more likely to be accosted by a comedy-club promoter, a rickshaw bicycle operator, or a caricature artist than a mugger. It's crowded, but there's something unquestionably exhilarating -- and convenient -- about staying in the neon-lit heart of the city. Plus, the mayor recently decided to close off much of Broadway to traffic, making it more pedestrian-friendly.
- Two blocks from the A, C, and E subway lines; three blocks from the 1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R, and W lines; four blocks to the B, D, F, and V lines -- quick and easy access anywhere in the city
- 20-minute subway ride to Central Park
- Five-minute walk to Times Square
- 15-minute subway ride to the Empire State Building and Rockefeller Center
- 20-minute subway ride to the ferry terminal to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- 15-minute subway ride to the American Museum of Natural History
- 25-minute subway ride to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (the "Met") and a 10-minute subway ride to the Museum of Modern Art (the "MoMA")
Simple, comfortable, and technologically rich
The King Room
- The Traditional Room -- the standard room type -- starts at 200 square feet, which is about average for a hotel room in New York.
- Times Square Suites (390 square feet) have a living area with a sleeper-sofa and a mini-fridge.
- Large writing desk; convenient console with built-in electrical and hard-wired Internet outlets
- iHome, iPod docking stations
- Coffeemaker has Starbucks coffee.
- 32-inch flat-screen TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Standing showers only; no tubs
All the essential comforts -- great beds, good workspace, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour gym and business center -- make this 250-room Four Points a good, but not great, choice near Times Square, since it's on a somewhat abandonded-feeling street with an adult movie store. It's a good night's rest, sure, but also consider the Mela and Dream hotels.
Things You Should Know About Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square
- 326 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018
Hotel is Also (or Was Formerly) Known As
- Four Points Midtown
- Four Points New York City
- City View Guest Room
- Time Square Suite
- Traditional Room