Hilton Times SquareTimes Square, Manhattan, New York City
- A renovated property with clean, spacious rooms in neutral tones
- Central location in Times Square -- ideal for sightseeing
- Sweeping views from virtually every room, especially those facing south
- Roomy closets and bathrooms with tub/shower combo
- 37-inch flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, coffeemakers and mini bars
- Windows that open for fresh air – a rarity nowadays!
- Restaurant and bar on the 21st floor with floor-to-ceiling windows
- Spacious fitness center with plenty of light and more views!
- Free Wi-Fi in the lobby, and lounge areas for impromptu meetings
- Ample meeting facilities and a business center with both PC and Mac
- Daily fee for Wi-Fi in the rooms, including a separate charge for each device
- No pool or spa on-site
- Not the best location for those in search of a local NYC experience
- There may be lines during check-in
- Daily rates for parking are (not surprisingly) astronomical
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
The modern lobby is the hub of this upscale chain.
The modern lobby on the 21st floor is the main attraction of the hotel. There’s a lively scene with upbeat music playing, and a mix of tourists and business travelers can be found taking advantage of the lobby's free Wi-Fi (there's a fee for use in the rooms). The open layout starts with the front desk and lounge area, continues on to the Pinnacle Bar, and then melds into the restaurant called Above. Since the hotel begins so high up, views of Times Square are impressive; at nighttime, the view gets even better.
An easy-to-miss entrance in the epicenter of bustling Midtown
Don’t blink or you’ll miss it: The narrow entrance of this Hilton is tucked away amid a sea of tourist traps. While the area is safe, the overstimulation of 42nd Street can become a little exhausting, and the hotel provides a respite from the crowds. Once inside, guests will find a small information desk in front of the elevator, which whisks guests up to the 21st floor lobby (rooms begin on the 23rd floor). A concierge desk provides maps and other New York City information. Virtually every subway line can be found within blocks of the hotel, as can Broadway theatres, many corporate offices (including the New York Times building), and Bryant Park.
Modern interiors, stellar views and more space than most NYC hotels
Standard rooms start on the 23rd floor and are 330 square feet -- much larger than average for New York City, where the average room size is around 200 square feet. The higher the floor, the bigger the room. This means that all guests, even at the most basic level, can expect Manhattan views and space to spread out. Ask for a south-facing room for views of the Empire State Building. Renovations to the 460 rooms were completed in 2013, and guests can expect modern furnishings, warm muted tones, quality bedding and pillow-top mattresses. Bathrooms have sliding doors, shower/tub combos, and toiletries from Peter Thomas Roth. Large working desks are a plus for business travelers -- but there's a pesky Wi-Fi charge.
A lobby restaurant for drinks and small plates
For as many rooms as the hotel has, the features aren't particularly extensive. The hotel has one bar and restaurant in the lobby serving cocktails -- such as the signature Red Velvet Martini -- and trendy small plates. A mix of seating areas includes sofas, booths or hi-tops, and room service is also available. The large fitness center has big windows and great views. Nine meeting rooms are available for groups of up to 150 people.
Customers Who Viewed Hilton Times Square Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
New York City
It's that time of year: Tennis fans are descending on the Big Apple to catch the 2010 US Open Grand…
New York City
It's that time of year: Tennis fans are descending on the Big Apple to catch the 2011 US Open Grand…
Things You Should Know About Hilton Times Square
Address234 West 42nd Street, New York City, New York 10036, United States
Also Known As
- Hilton Hotel Times Square
- Hilton New York City
- New York City Hilton
- Corner Pure Room
- One King Bed Corner Room
- One King Bed Deluxe Room
- One King Bed Room
- One King One Bedroom Deluxe Suite
- Pure Allergy Friendly Guest Room
- Two Double Beds Deluxe Room
- Two Double Beds Room