Newton HotelUpper West Side, Manhattan, New York City
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 8 Amenities
- 99 Deluxe Junior Suite
- 84 Deluxe Queen Room
- 21 Double Junior Suite
- 21 King Junior Suite
- 12 Restaurants and Bars
Oyster Hotel Review
Northern side of the classy and bustling Upper West Side, amidst shops, restaurants, and beautiful old buildings.
The Newton Hotel is located on Broadway Avenue, which can be a bit noisy, but is home to some of the best shops, bars, and restaurants in the neighborhood. Tasti D-Lite -- a New York City ice cream staple -- is right next door, along with a gourmet market perfect for stocking your mini-fridge.
Safe, residential, professional, and full of families, the Upper West Side is sandwiched between Manhattan's Central Park and Riverside Park. Beautiful low-rise brownstones blend with tall, swanky apartment buildings on the numbered streets that branch off Columbus Avenue, Amsterdam Avenue and Broadway, the area's major thoroughfares. Kid-friendly museums like the Children's Museum of Manhattan, the American Museum of Natural History, and the Hayden Planetarium make this a prime location for families looking to get away from the tourist crowds in Times Square.
- Less than two blocks from the 1, 2, 3 subway lines; four blocks from the B, C subway lines
- Less than three blocks from Central Park
- 20-minute subway ride to Times Square
- 30-minute bus/subway ride to the Empire State Building
- 45-minute subway ride or $20 taxi to the ferry terminal to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- 25-minute subway ride to Rockefeller Center
- 20-minute bus/subway ride to the American Museum of Natural History
- 25-minute bus/subway ride to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (the "Met") and 30-minute subway ride to the Museum of Modern Art (the "MoMa")
- Standard Single and Standard Double Rooms have one bed and shared bathrooms.
- Superior Twin, Double, and Queen Rooms have one bed each; Deluxe Double and Queen Rooms have two beds.
- Deluxe Junior Suites have two queen-sized beds, separate living areas, and kitchenettes.
- Flat-screen TV
- In-room coffeemaker
- Wi-Fi costs a daily fee (but it's cheap, especially for New York)
About 30 to 90 minutes from three airports
New York has three nearby airports: JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark (in New Jersey). Getting to town from JFK or LaGuardia is usually more convenient than getting there from Newark, but travel times are heavily dependent on the time of day and traffic conditions. From JFK, a taxi to anywhere in Manhattan costs a flat rate of $45 and takes around an hour in average conditions. From LaGuardia, a metered cab ride to midtown Manhattan costs about $40 and can take 30 minutes if traffic is light, three times that if it's bad. Rides from Newark cost at least $40 (plus tolls) and can take more than 90 minutes. It's customary to tip your driver 15 to 25 percent.
Those looking to save some cash can use the privately run shuttle buses that are available at all three airports for about $14 per person. For more information on the shuttles, go to Super Shuttle or New York Airport Service. Public transit is also available for as little as $7 per person, but travel can take up to two hours and involve a lot of lugging bags up and down stairways.
For mass-transit directions right to the hotel, check out HopStop.com.
Customers Who Viewed Newton Hotel Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Spending New Year’s Eve in Times Square is one of those crazy things that everyone should try before they die…
Things You Should Know About Newton Hotel
Address2528 Broadway, Upper West Side of Manhattan, New York City, New York 10025, United States
Also Known As
- Hotel Newton
- Hotel Newton New York
- Newton Hotel New York
- Deluxe Double Room
- Deluxe Junior Suite
- Deluxe Queen Room
- Standard Double Room
- Standard Single Room
- Superior Double Room
- Superior Queen Room
- Superior Twin Room