We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference CenterScottsdale, Arizona, United States
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 7 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
An upscale casino resort with Native American design touches
The Radisson is 246-room, upscale high-rise in the desert east of Phoenix on the Fort McDowell Yavapai Indian Reservation. The casino is the main draw at the resort, but the We-Ko-Pa golf course, pool, and the peaceful, close-to-nature surroundings make it an attractive retreat for golfers and families as well. The views of desert mountains are among the most spectacular of any resort in the Phoenix area.
The hotel is more family-friendly than its closest competitor, Talking Stick Resort, because the hotel and casino here are located in different buildings. So it’s possible to enjoy the resort without ever stepping foot in the smoky casino, unlike at the Talking Stick.
The lobby feels decidedly high-end, with beautiful native stone walls, glass artwork, and floor-to-ceiling windows. Elements of Yavapai Indian culture were integrated into the design, such as basket weaving symbols in the lobby floor, and a stone "river" (representing the nearby Verde River) leading into the hotel. Rooms, by contrast, feel more mid-range.
On an Indian reservation 30 minutes from Scottsdale
The resort is on the Fort McDowell Yavapai Indian Reservation, about 20 miles east of Scottsdale, just off the Beeline Highway. It’s somewhat isolated (surrounded largely by desert), so a vehicle is necessary to explore beyond the resort. Shuttle service is not offered.
- 15-minute drive to McDowell Mountain Park, a popular hiking area
- 15-minute drive to Fountain Hills, home to world’s highest fountain
- 20-minute drive to Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wright’s architectural center
- 30-minute drive to Saguaro Lake with boating and fishing
- 30-minute drive to Old Town Scottsdale
- 30-minute drive to Fashion Square shopping mall and Scottsdale Waterfront
- 30-minute drive to Scottsdale Airport
- 45-minute drive to Sky Harbor International Airport
Spacious, if a tad generic
Rooms are spacious and comfortable, but the decor is chain-like. Sleep Number beds are available in certain rooms.
All rooms include:
- Flat-screen TV with Nintendo, HBO, ESPN, On-Demand and pay-per-view movies
- Free Wi-Fi and wired Internet
- Work desk with phone
- Minibar with snacks and drinks
- Iron and ironing board
- Safe (big enough for a laptop) Room types:
- Standard Room: 360 square feet; king or two queen beds; Sleep Number beds available; wheelchair-accessible rooms available
- Junior Suite: 720 square feet; king or two queen beds; Sleep Number beds available; separate living room and kitchen; may be connected to adjoining room; sofa bed; balcony; full-size fridge, microwave, dishwasher; iPod dock; marble tub; down-filled comforter with duvet; flat-screen TV
- Executive Suite: 1,025 square feet; king bed; Sleep Number beds available; separate living room and kitchen; two baths with marble tub; honor bar; may be connected to adjoining room; sofa bed; balcony; full-size fridge, microwave, dishwasher; down-filled comforter with duvet; 10-chair boardroom table; flat-screen TV
- Two 18-hole golf courses at We-Ko-Pa golf course
- Heated pool with stone backdrop and tinkling waterfalls; plastic lounge chairs; a Jacuzzi, and fire pits
- Amethyst Spa and Boutique
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour fitness center
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour concierge
- Valet or self-parking
- 25,000 square feet of meeting space
- Daily resort fee covers bottled water, daily newspaper, fitness center, in-room coffee, shoeshine, valet parking, and local calls
- Laundry facilities
- Car rental service
- Shoeshine service available
Southwestern dishes at Anhala Mesquite Room, plus five more restaurants in the casino
- Anhala Mesquite Room restaurant serves Southwestern dishes with a Native American influence for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Dinner entrees include items such as Berkshire Pork Chop ($24) and Chicken Picatta ($24) and range from $24 to $36.
- The Fort McDowell Casino has five restaurants including the Cottonwood Cafe (casual American), Silver Platter (burgers and shakes), New York Deli (NY-style sandwiches), Red Rock Buffet (all-you-can-eat), and Noodles Sushiya (sushi).
- Room service from 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Customers Who Viewed We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
We've been a bit obsessed with the City of Sin as of late (Maybe it's because we're dying to go!)…
There are some hotels that are truly green all around -- those that have been certified by the prestigious Leadership…
Things You Should Know About We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center
Address10438 North Fort McDowell Rd, Scottsdale, Central Arizona 85264, United States
Also Known As
- Radisson Fort McDowell Resort & Casino
- Business Class Room
- Executive Suite
- Junior Suite
- Standard Room