The Royal HaciendasPlaya del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- All-inclusive resort directly on the beach
- Rooms are spacious villas with ocean views
- Large outdoor pools, including children's pools
- Outdoor activities such as tennis courts
- Two restaurants and three bars, including a poolside swim-up bar
- Spa with sauna, steam room and whirpools; also offers body wraps and massages
- Medium-size fitness center with a mix of cardio equipment, weight machines, and free weights
- Daytime activities for children, some of which are included in the rates
- Free daytime shuttle to downtown Playa del Carmen, just five minutes away
- Room service, Wi-Fi, and parking included in price
- On-site convenience store for groceries
- Free shuttles to Playa del Carmen do not run at night
- On-site bars close early
- Surcharges on some food and beverages, and tipping is not included
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 75 Amenities
- 27 Beach
- 12 Children's Pool
- 70 Deluxe Villa Beach Front
- 41 Pool
- 36 Restaurants and Bars
Oyster Hotel Review
Set up as a timeshare and converted to a partial all-inclusive. the resort is popular among families.
The hotel’s architecture is modeled on a Yucatan hacienda, incorporating pastel-colored towers of only a few stories around large and extensive central gardens, and long corridors with Mexican sculptures in the hallways. The property is kid-friendly, with pools designated particularly for youngsters, and youth-oriented daytime activities. The property was not initially established as an all-inclusive, and the hotel at times seems poorly equipped to handle the volume of demand that an all-inclusive creates, particularly in the restaurants, which are less numerous than at other all-inclusive resorts.
About a 10-minute drive from Playa del Carmen, and 45 minutes to Cancun International Airport
The Royal Haciendas Playa del Carmen is set a bit apart from the other resorts in the area. The hotel runs a daytime and early evening shuttle into Playa del Carmen, where some guests say they prefer to shop for groceries, because prices are lower than at the resort's convenience store. The airport is about 45 minutes away.
Dark colors and slightly dated wood accents, but rooms are pleasant and spacious.
Beds get high marks for comfort here, as does cleanliness. The rooms are spacious, and most feature earth-tone textiles, largely in brown, as well as teak-colored wood accents. All suites have kitchenettes and small hot tubs on the balconies, minibars, coffeemakers, central air-conditioning, and a seating area that can comfortably seat six. Many guests have noted that room service is an excellent option when the resort's restaurants are crowded, given that there is enough space to eat in the rooms. Some have noted that “ocean view” rooms do not always provide the views promised, and that kitchen supplies run short, particularly dish soap.
There's a rec center for kids, a medium-size fitness center, and an updated spa.
The modest fitness center at Royal Haciendas is equipped with a handful of exercise machines and free weights. A kids' rec center offers pool, ping-pong and Foosball; the nicely updated spa is outfitted in earth tones and mosaic tile art, and offers a range of massages, including hot stone, facials, and body treatments. A large system of outdoor pools includes a whirlpool, designated kids' areas, and a swim-up bar facing the sea.