The Vivien Leigh Suite at the Draycott Hotel; London, UK
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Lady Gaga recently gifted a UK couple celebrating their wedding at London's Draycott Hotel a night in the Vivien Leigh Suite.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The NYLO Dallas South Side, which opened near the Dallas Convention Center a few weeks ago, is the first hotel to be built in South Dallas in over 60 years.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Guests enjoying afternoon tea at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong will also enjoy receiving a free Marc Jacobs “Lindy” handbag (while supplies last) as part of the hotel’s latest partnership with the designer.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Talking Stick Resort in Phoenix has just launched its own bourbon, created in collaboration with Kentucky’s famed Woodford Reserve Distillery.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? In an effort to stay away from booze, Britney Spears now requires her room’s minibar to be cleared of all alcoholic contents before she arrives.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FAKEOUT! The singer offered the couple (whom she’d just met) a stay in a Deluxe Room at The Dorchester. Not too shabby either! However, the newlyweds declined her offer for undisclosed reasons.
2. FACT! The last hotel built south of Interstate 30 in Dallas was the Belmont Hotel, which opened in 1946. The NYLO Dallas South Side is housed in a historic building with 10-foot-high ceilings, and features a rooftop pool.
3. FAKEOUT! The hotel incorporated elements of the handbag -- not the purse itself -- in the afternoon tea, by decorating the tea set with the bag's signature bow and "reinterpreting the sweet yet sophisticated style of the handbag" in the tea's tasty treats. Marc Jacobs afternoon tea will be served daily at the hotel's MO Bar between 3 and 5:30 p.m. through the end of September.
4. FACT! The resort worked with master distiller Chris Morris from Woodford to create a specialty bourbon with hints of citrus, cocoa, and spice. Guests and non-guests can now enjoy the drink at the resort’s cigar bar.
5. FACT! The singer’s staff requests that hotel management "empties the minibar of all alcohol," and refrains from giving her “gifts of wine or any other alcoholic beverages."