- Big hotel, casino, and House of Blues complex on the Boardwalk
- New Orleans themed casino with slots and table games
- All rooms have spacious bathrooms, coffeemakers, and mini-fridges
- Renovated rooms have contemporary decor with big flat-screen TVs
- Fabulous Bourbon Tower suites with soaking tubs (prices lower mid-week)
- Seasonal rooftop pool and sun deck, day spa and salon, and fitness center
- Variety of restaurants ranging from casual to upscale (plus 24-hour room service)
- Dog friendly attitude
- Older rooms are dated with tube TVs
- Some views from rooms are undesirable
- Fees for Wi-Fi and parking
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Buzzing casino and hotel right on the Boardwalk
Showboat Atlantic City is a New Orleans themed casino and hotel with constant happy hour drink specials and a buzzing atmosphere. While the original property (built in 1987) does have an outdated logo and exterior, the interior is still appealing. The attached House of Blues is one of the best music venues in Atlantic City for big-name acts, and nightlife continues after the show in the Foundation Room, a Middle Eastern themed spot with private rooms, bottle service, Persian rugs, and plush couches. Upscale restaurants and the three-story Club Worship also add to the scene on the weekends. With the addition of the hot new casino-hotel Revel next door, this northern end of the boardwalk will continue to buzz.
On the northern end of Atlantic City's famous boardwalk
Showboat is located adjacent to the new Revel casino and hotel, on the northern side of the four-mile Boardwalk. The hotel is near Steel Pier, now operating as an amusement park. The Showboat's other neighbor is the massive Trump Taj Mahal, which also offers some good dining choices. Atlantic City is known as the gambling capital of the East Coast and has experienced a resurgence in recent years with the opening of big-name properties.
- 20-minute drive to Atlantic City Airport
- 4-minute drive or 11-minute walk to Absecon Lighthouse
- 5-minute drive to the New Jersey Transit train station and Atlantic City Convention Center
- 5-minute drive or 15-minute walk to the Trump Plaza
- 6-minute drive or 18-minute walk to Boardwalk Hall
- 7-minute drive to Borgata Resort, Casino & Spa
- 8-minute drive to Farley State Marina
- 15-minute drive to Lucy the Elephant
- 17-minute drive to Brigantine Golf Links
- 29-minute drive to Renault Winery
- 50-minute drive to Long Beach Island
- 52-minute drive to Wildwoods by the Sea
- 57-minute drive to Cape May
- 65-minute drive to Philadelphia
- 130-minute drive to New York City
Rooms and suites vary between towers; Bourbon Tower is the best option
There are a total of 1,329 rooms and many different room categories at the Showboat. When booking, be sure to specify room type, as decor varies greatly between towers. Many areas of the property have been renovated, but there are still older rooms with tired furnishings, old tube TVs, and the faint smell of cigarette smoke. The best option is the Bourbon Tower (rooms were renovated in 2007) or the Orleans Tower (rooms were renovated in 2003). There are also spectacular suites that are on offer for a much-reduced price mid-week when availability is greater. These suites offer modern amenities such as iPod docks, big flat-screen TVs, and balconies facing the ocean. The House of Blues Suites -- each with a king bed and multi-jet spray glass enclosed shower -- has Middle Eastern decor similar to that of the Foundation Room.
- All rooms have mini-fridges, coffeemakers, work desks, and chairs.
- On-demand movies and video games are available.
- Daily fee for Wi-Fi
- Front-facing rooms have great ocean views .
- Renovated rooms and suites have iPod docks and big flat-screen TVs.
- Some suites have balconies facing the ocean.
Rooms and Rates
House of Blues concert venue and a seasonal rooftop pool
Showboat Atlantic City has a long list of features. One of the best is the House of Blues concert venue, a space that attracts some of the biggest names in music. Other hotel highlights include a seasonal rooftop pool, a New Orleans themed casino, a big (but windowless) fitness center, and nightlife options.
- Busy casino with table games, slots, and happy hour specials
- House of Blues features rock, blues, and hip-hop concerts
- Nightlife including three-story Club Worship, and Foundation Room with Middle Eastern decor and bottle service
- Seasonal outdoor pool and sun deck is free of charge for guests (some nearby Atlantic City hotels charge for this amenity).
- Spacious fitness center (though cardio machines lack individual TVs, and there are no windows)
- Day spa and salon (for men and women) offering hair, skin, and nail treatments
- PetStay program with in-room amenities including food and water bowls, pet treat, and biodegradable waste bags
- Two gift shops: Showboat Gift Shop and the House of Blues Gift Shop
- Meeting and event space available
- 24-hour room service
Variety of dining choices
Showboat offers a good range of dining options to fit all budgets. Casual restaurants include Johnny Rockets, the French Quarter buffet, a noodle shop, and the Canal Street Bread & Sandwich Company for brick oven pizza and sandwiches. In the evening, upscale choices include Casa Di Napoli Ristorante for Italian and sophisticated Scarduzio's, which serves sushi and prime cuts of grass fed beef from DeBragga -- a NYC butcher in the meatpacking district. The House of Blues Restaurant for fine dining is located near the music venue.
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||801 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, Jersey Shore 08401, United States|