- Great boardwalk location, steps from the beach
- All rooms feature ocean views and high-tech amenities
- Smoke-free casino is pristine
- Ovation Hall brings in impressive acts such as Kanye West, Beyonce, and Aerosmith
- Main indoor/outdoor pool is heated and boasts ocean views; 3 private pools are surrounded by sexy cabanas
- Top-notch spa affiliated with Exhale, a high-end wellness chain
- 14 on-site restaurants, some helmed by celebrity chefs such as Jose Garces and Marc Forgione (both Iron Chefs)
- Long lines to get into the popular HQ nightclub, which is open three nights a week
- Most restaurants are overpriced
The newest hotel on Atlantic City's boardwalk, Revel is a pristine luxury property with a smoke-free policy that helps keep its casino fresh and airy. The spacious rooms are top-notch: All feature ocean views from floor-to-ceiling windows, sexy bathrooms with double vanities and large showers, and tech-friendly amenities such as massive flat-screen TVs, remote-controlled lights and shades, free Wi-Fi, and even door sensors that let staff know when room service carts have been pushed into the hallway. The resort has everything that other luxury properties in Atlantic City offer, such as numerous celebrity chef-helmed restaurants, several nightclubs, a theater, a pool, and a beautiful spa, but Revel offers a more serene vibe. Like at other resorts, however, the restaurants are overpriced and there are long lines at the nightclubs, but fist-pumping locals and visiting bachelor and bachelorette parties would argue that it's worth the wait.
- Fitness Center
- Pets Allowed
This Hotel Also Featured In
It’s been a tough couple of years for Atlantic City, thanks in no small part to the destruction Hurricane Sandy left in its wake. So as hotel experts who, like, really, love hotels, today is a sad day as the just-over-two-years-old Revel officially closed its casino doors this morning after shuttering the hotel on Monday…
As any true food lover will tell you, the best things in life come in dozens: donuts, bagels, cupcakes… you catch our drift. So today we’re bringing you the best beach resorts for foodies, in a tasty set of twelve. After all, a beach vacation is always a treat, but when it’s paired with culinary…
Oyster Hotel Review
The newest -- and one of the nicest -- hotels in AC, Revel exudes a surprisingly (and refreshingly) tranquil vibe.
The newest hotel on Atlantic City's boardwalk, Revel has been the talk of the town since its official opening over Memorial Day weekend in 2012, when Beyonce made her post-baby comeback by performing four shows at the resort's Ovation Hall. In some ways, Revel is like other luxury resorts in AC: It features a large casino, a tranquil spa, numerous celebrity chef-helmed restaurants, and two nightclubs (as well as a beach club opening this summertag:revisit 5/15/2013). But as an upscale property -- and the only Atlantic City casino-hotel that is completely smoke-free -- it helps fill a more sophisticated niche in Atlantic City; only the Borgata and The Water Club at the Borgata are in the same category of luxury. This shows in the decor (rooms feature attractive artwork, modern furniture, and leather accents), the layout (large open spaces keep the hotel from feeling packed), and the attention to detail (small sitting areas designed to create a more intimate feel, and high-tech additions such as door sensors that alert staff when room service carts have been pushed into hallways). Sure, there are the requisite bachelor and bachelorette parties playing loud music down the hall and fist-pumping in the nightclubs, but the overall vibe is high-end and elegant, with a bit of fun thrown in.
Most visitors come to Revel to gamble, but there's plenty of entertainment aside from that. Fourteen restaurants offer a range of cuisines and atmospheres, and several bars and two nightclubs offer solid nightlife options, as does Ovation Hall, where the likes of Beyonce, Kanye West, and Aerosmith have performed. In attendance at Beyonce's shows were celebs such as Jay-Z, Kim Kardashian, and even First Lady Michelle Obama. The spa, which offers numerous fitness classes, is a nice spot for a girls' trip, as are the few shops. However, many retail shops are yet to open. tag:revisit 5/15/2013
Located on Atlantic City's Boardwalk and steps from the beach
Atlantic City is the gambling capital of the East Coast, and Revel is the newest (and perhaps the nicest -- only the Borgata can compare) hotel on the boardwalk. The hotel is on the north side of the four-mile boardwalk, near Steel Pier, which now operates as an amusement park. Within walking distance are a number of casino-hotels such as Trump Taj Mahal, Bally’s, Caesar’s Palace, Trump Plaza and Tropicana -- all of which contain shopping and dining choices as well.
- 4-minute drive or 11-minute walk to Absecon Lighthouse
- 5-minute drive to the New Jersey Transit train station and Atlantic City Convention Center
- 5-minute drive or 15-minute walk to the Trump Plaza
- 6-minute drive or 18-minute walk to Boardwalk Hall
- 7-minute drive to Borgata Resort, Casino & Spa
- 8-minute drive to Farley State Marina
- 15-minute drive to Lucy the Elephant
- 17-minute drive to Brigantine Golf Links
- 20-minute drive to Atlantic City Airport
- 29-minute drive to Renault Winery
- 50-minute drive to Long Beach Island
- 52-minute drive to Wildwoods by the Sea
- 57-minute drive to Cape May
- 65-minute drive to Philadelphia
- 130-minute drive to New York City
All 1,898 rooms have ocean views.
Rooms at Revel are top-notch, with all featuring ocean views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Decor is sleek and simple, with neutral tones highlighted by pops of color in the throw pillows and artwork. High-tech amenities include large flat-screen TVs; remote-controlled shades, temperature, and lights; and free Wi-Fi. Guests can book the standard Ocean Rooms, Ocean Suites with sitting areas, one-bedroom View Suites, or one of the two two-bedroom Sky Suites on the 44th floor (where Beyonce stayed during her visit).
- Large bathrooms with double vanities and plush robes
- Working desks with numerous outlets
- Remote-controlled lights, temperature, and shades
- Free Wi-Fi and large flat-screen TVs
- 24-hour room service
- Upgrading to an Ocean Suite gets guests sitting areas and larger bathrooms with multiple-spray showers.
The only smoke-free casino in Atlantic City
The casino at Revel may be similar in size (at 130,000 square feet) to other casinos in the area, but as the only smoke-free casino in AC, it lacks the lingering layer of smoke that is so often associated with casino floors. On a Saturday night, guests and locals crowd around slot machines and tables, and cocktail waitresses are readily available to take your order. Numerous restaurants and the hotel's two nightclubs surround the casino floor, and dancers perform on a catwalk.
Gameroom / Arcade
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Supervised Kids Activities
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.