- Central location near the Duomo and Ponte Vecchio
- Opulent lobby with Apple iMac for guest use
- Posh rooms have plush carpeting and wood-beamed ceilings
- Flat-screen TVs, coffeemakers, and stocked mini-fridges in rooms
- Big walk-in showers or shower/tub combos with Jacuzzi tubs
- Modern spa with romantic underwater lighting for the whirlpools
- Free Wi-Fi and free daily breakfast
- Steep, narrow staircases
- Some complaints of noise from adjacent construction site
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A historic residence turned boutique hotel that delivers a high level of luxury in a welcoming ambience
This luxury boutique is steeped in opulence, yet manages to keep the vibe warm and inviting.
Guests are welcomed into the ornate lobby, adorned with lovely frescoes, heavy drapes, and oriental rugs. Here, pristine white chairs and sofas are scattered underneath the vaulted ceiling with its elegant chandelier. Throughout the hotel, marble staircases are punctuated by tiny lights and clusters of candles.
The swanky guest rooms are ideal for relaxing, with plush carpeting, cozy beds, and contemporary Italian furnishings. Pretty wood-beamed ceilings add a rustic touch. The immaculate marble bathrooms are especially luxe, featuring big walk-in showers with rainfall showerheads or shower/tub combos with circular Jacuzzi tubs.
Prime location within walking distance of the major tourist sights
Golden Tower Hotel is situated in central Florence. Facing a private cobbled street, the hotel offers a quiet locale close to many of the city's main draws. Everything from upscale boutiques to popular public squares are within walking distance.
Florence is extremely pedestrian-friendly, and is one of Italy's most beautiful cities -- it's more compact, and less gritty, than Rome. The Duomo is the most iconic sight here, but other popular attractions include Michelangelo's "David" at the Galleria dell'Accademia, the works of Botticelli and da Vinci at the Uffizi, and the Ponte Vecchio bridge, which dates back to the 1300s. The Piazza della Signora is a popular tourist hub, and many hotels are located near it.
- 17-minute drive from Peretola Airport
- 1-hour-and-15-minute drive from Galileo Galilei Airport
- 1-minute walk to Palazzo Strozzi cultural center
- 1- to 5-minute walk to dozens of bars and restaurants
- 1- to 5-minute walk to designer shopping at Louis Vuitton, Prada, Gucci, and more
- 3-minute walk to Piazza della Repubblica
- 3-minute walk to Palazzo Rucellai
- 4-minute walk to Museo dei Fratelli Alinari photography museum
- 5-minute walk to Piazza della Signoria -- the political center of Florence
- 6-minute walk to the iconic Duomo cathedral
- 6-minute walk to the Uffizi Gallery, which houses Botticelli's "Birth of Venus"
- 8-minute walk to the 14th-century Ponte Vecchio bridge
- 8-minute walk to Museo Galileo
- 9-minute walk to Teatro Verdi
- 9-minute walk to Piazza Santa Croce
- 10-minute walk to Santa Maria Novella train station
- 10-minute walk to Museo Horne, which houses a private collection of Renaissance art and furniture
- 10-minute walk to San Lorenzo Market
- 6-minute drive to Giardini della Fortezza
- 10-minute drive to the Stibbert Museum, which features international artifacts
- 13-minute drive to Galleria dell’Accademia, home to Michelangelo's "David" statue
- 20-minute drive to Boboli Gardens
Rooms and Rates
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Piazza Strozzi 11r, Florence 50123, Italy|
|Phone||3 (905) 528-7860|