- An 85-slip marina that can accommodate boats up to 110 feet in length
- Family-friendly: kids' club, playground, pirate ship pool, dolphin experience, basketball court, and teen lounge, a sports field, and a putting green
- Attractive rooms with large flat-screen TVs (villas have fully-equipped kitchens and washer/dryers)
- 5 pools, 7,000-square-foot spa, and an updated fitness center (all cardio machines have personal TVs)
- Various dining options include 3 restaurants, a small grocery store, and room service
- Free Wi-Fi and free parking
- The beach is small and is actually a saltwater lagoon
- Resort fee
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Massive resort packed with tasteful rooms and family-friendly amenities
The resort features attractive, neutral-toned rooms with dark wood furnishings, tasteful beachy accents, and modern updates such as large flat-screen TVs. The villas are a solid option for families, as they feature multiple bedrooms, fully-equipped kitchens, and washer/dryers.
The resort is a good pick overall for families, as it offers amenities for youth of all ages -- from a kids' club to a teen lounge. Other family-friendly features include a basketball court, playground, and a pool with a pirate ship that has its own water slide. Also, the beach is tranquil, although some guests might be disappointed that it is actually on a small, saltwater lagoon.
Hawks Cay's location on secluded Duck Key is ideal for a quiet family vacation, but there is not much to do in the immediate surroundings outside the resort. Those visitors in search of nightlife should check out hotels in Key West instead.
On tiny Duck Key, a short drive from the Marathon airport (but far from the larger Key West airport)
Hawks Cay Resort takes up a sizable portion of the 60-acre Duck Key. With numerous villas, restaurants, and a grocery store, it is a small village of its own. There is not much to do outside of the resort -- but with a marina, a dolphin experience, and a beach with plenty of water sports the hotel has plenty to keep guests busy.
This location is for those visitors looking for a secluded spot -- Duck Key is not only tiny, but also far from other destinations in the Keys. Though the tiny Marathon airport is just a short drive away, the Key West airport is more than an hour away and Key Largo is nearly an hour away. However, many of Hawks Cay's visitors arrive by boat and dock at the resort's marina.
- 15-minute drive from the Florida Keys Marathon Airport
- 1-hour and 18-minute drive from Key West International Airport
- On the beach
- 52-minute drive to Key Largo
- 2-hour drive to Miami
Rooms and Rates
Transport to / from Hotel
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Gameroom / Arcade
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||61 Hawks Cay Boulevard, @ Hawks Cay Resort, Duck Key, Florida 33050, United States|