Sterling SandsDestin, Florida Panhandle, Florida
Flights for this trip with Skyscanner.com
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 6 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
Right on the Gulf in the fishing and vacation city of Destin
Sterling Sands is in Destin, a Florida Panhandle town just west of Panama City. Both cities are famous for their white sand beaches and have become substantial vacation towns. Main activities in Destin include fishing, swimming, and camping in Henderson Beach State Park and the shopping and nightlife of the Destin Harbor area. The area is also home to many amusement parks and golf courses.
Panama City is a Florida family beach town with all that that implies. The area is rife with put-put golf, amusement parks, shopping, and the beautiful St. Andrews State Park. The park has white sand beaches, nature trails, and plenty of opportunities for water sport. Panama City's downtown area hosts lots of seasonal events and art shows, as well as live music and shopping.
- 70-minute drive to NW Florida Beaches International Airport
- 2-minute drive to Big Kahuna Water Park
- 3-minute drive to Henderson Beach State Park
- 5-minute drive to Destin History and Fishing Museum
- 9-minute drive Destin Harbor
- 10-minute drive to Emerald Bay Golf Club's championship 18-hole course
- 48-minute drive to the Museum of Man and the Sea
- 54-minute drive to Gulf World amusement park
- 57-minute drive to Holiday Golf Club -- a scenic, semi-private 18-hole course.
- 70-minute drive to downtown Panama City