- Great location on the Left Bank near the Luxembourg Gardens and several metro lines
- Excellent continental breakfast served daily (but not included in the room rate)
- Lovely, private courtyard where food and drinks are served on nice days
- Flat-screen TVs and air-conditioning in every room
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Lobby Lounge open 24 hours
- Free use of computer in the lobby
- 24-hour reception can assist with tours, luggage storage, and currency exchange
- Laundry facilities on-site
- Breakfast is not included in the room rate
- No on-site restaurant; only breakfast is served daily
- Rooms are very small, even for Paris
- Fee for cribs; no rollaways
- Extra person fees may apply
- No on-site parking (but there's a nearby car park)
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Cozy interiors are charming but compact
The Hotel Le Clos Medicis has a lot going for it — if you can overlook its tiny rooms. This quaint boutique is housed in an 18th century building at the crossroads of Saint Germain des Près and the Latin Quarter, just a short walk to the Luxembourg Gardens. It offers a lovely lobby [lounge] with a wood-burning fireplace and 24-hour bar. Decor is classic and comfortable, with nods to old-world Europe and (for some reason) safari themes. Think animal sketches and wooden accents.
There is also a cozy breakfast room on-site serving hearty continental fare daily, which can also be delivered to guests' rooms or enjoyed in the hotel's private courtyard on nice days (but it is not included in the room rate). Afternoon tea and drinks can also be taken in the courtyard. One of the main draws is the hotel's location on the Left Bank, which is within walking distance of the Luxembourg Gardens and Notre Dame Cathedral. It is also near several metro lines and bus stops, which include direct lines to both major airports.
Excellent Left Bank location, just around the corner from the Luxembourg Garden
Hotel Le Clos Medicis is located on the Left Bank, in an area removed from hordes of tourists, at the junction of Saint Germain des Prés and the Latin Quarter. It's surrounded by quiet streets and restaurants, and is within easy walking distance of two metro stations, which include lines to both airports. The metro can take visitors to all the major sights in Paris, including the Eiffel Tower. The Luxembourg Gardens are just around the corner.
Paris is one of Europe's most densely populated cities, and is currently one of the world's most important business and cultural metropolises. Known as "The City of Light" for its growth during the Age of Enlightenment, Paris is home to some of the world's most luxurious fashion (Hermes, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent), iconic museums, and structures, as well as major media and business outlets.
- 21-minute drive to Orly Airport (ORL)
- 37-minute drive to Charles de Gaulle International Airport (CDG)
- 5- to 10-minute walk to plenty of restaurants and cafes
- 5- to 10-minute walk to several metro, RER, and bus stations
- 5-minute walk to Luxembourg Gardens, Sorbonne, and the Pantheon
- 15-minute walk to Notre Dame Cathedral
- 20-minute walk to the Louvre Museum
- 9-minute drive to Tuileries Gardens
- 11-minute drive to Theatre Marigny
- 10-minute drive to Grand Palais
- 9-minute drive to Musee d'Orsay
- 15-minute drive to Palais Garnier, Place d'Opera
- 12-minute drive to Theatre des Champs-Elysees
- 13-minute drive to the Eiffel Tower
- 12-minute drive to L'Arc de Triomphe
- 22-minute drive to to Sacre Coeur
Individually decorated rooms with wood-beamed ceilings are charming, but they are also trés petit and in need of some TLC
Each room at the Hotel Le Clos Medicis is individually decorated. This can be charming, but it also means the quality of the rooms is inconsistent. Some are bright with lovely details -- such as wood-beamed ceilings, stylish furniture, and built-in closets -- but others are a bit dull with furniture beginning to show its age. All rooms come with lovely windows that overlook either the garden courtyard or Rue Monsieur Le Prince. They also feature solid amenities, including flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, and minibars. But the rooms are tiny, even for Paris standards, with the largest suite coming in at just 300 square feet; most rooms are between 120 and 160 square feet. Bathrooms are small as well and most have shower/tub combos. Rollaways are not available, and cribs are charged per night. Non-smoking rooms are available upon request.
Room categories include Classic, Superior, Deluxe, and Triple Rooms; the main differences between them are square footage (though all are under 200 square feet), bed type, and decor.
- Flat-screen TVs with 25 channels, including CNN, BBC, RAI, and MTV
- Climate-controlled air conditioner
- Minibars with several soda, beer, and alcohol offerings, as well as Toblerone bars
- Double-glazed windows
- Hair dryers, and on request, irons and ironing boards
- Free Wi-Fi
- Breakfast can be delivered to rooms
- Free newspaper delivered daily
- Rollaways are not available; cribs are charged per night
- Extra person fees may apply
- Non-smoking rooms available upon request
- Triple Room is located on the ground floor and has a queen-size and single bed, as well as direct access to the courtyard and a large walk-in shower.
- Suite is a bi-level 300-square-foot space located on the top floor facing the garden, featuring a queen bed, separate lounge with a flat-screen TV and hi-fi stereo system, and two bathrooms.
Rooms and Rates
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||56 rue Monsieur Le Prince, 6th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France 75006, France|
|Phone||33 (014) 329-1080|