Travel Guide of Village of Oak Creek, Sedona for: Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell RockVillage of Oak Creek, Sedona, Arizona
Village of Oak Creek Summary
- Spectacular landscape and great views of the jaw-dropping red rocks
- Three golf courses
- Wonderful hiking trails
- Proximity to the famous “vortex spots” of Sedona
- Lots of hotel options
- Less of a tourist trap than Sedona proper
- Easy access to the Oak Creek Canyon
- No traffic jams or crowds
- 2-hour drive to Phoenix International Airport; 50-minute drive to Flagstaff airport
- Little to no nightlife
- Few restaurants and shops (but a couple of mini-malls along Highway 179)
- Extremely hot summers
- Having a car is mandatory
What It's Like
Once a sleepy retirement and bedroom community, the Village of Oak Creek now has its own small cluster of hotels and businesses. The main draw is the stunning views of the landscape surrounding the city, and its proximity to Bell Rock, where some of the most impressive rocks are.
Don’t expect to find a hopping nightlife or the shopping malls and chain restaurants of Sedona -- the vibe here is more laid-back and less touristy. Small shops and local restaurants are the norm, and you won’t have to deal with the traffic jams and crowds of its neighbor to the north.
Where To Stay
Highway 179 cuts through the Village on its way from Phoenix to Sedona, and you will find most of the things to do along or around it. This location also offers easy access to Oak Creek Canyon, Uptown Sedona, and scenic attractions.