Travel Guide of West Sedona, Sedona for: Sedona Summit ResortWest Sedona, Sedona, Arizona
West Sedona Summary
- Convenient location close to restaurants and shops
- Short drive to hiking trails and Uptown Sedona
- Movie theaters and other entertainment venues in the area
- Short drive to Sedona Airport (though only small planes and helicopters can use it)
- Less of a close-to-nature experience than other parts of Sedona
- Some hotels have obstructed views of the landscape
- Some parts are too residential, with no attractions within walking distance
What It's Like
Uptown Sedona might be full of stores, restaurants and art galleries, but West Sedona is where locals actually live -- the stores here are less tourist-y and more convenient. The northern side of the neighborhood is mainly residential, and all the action (shops, restaurants and movie theatres) takes place along busy Highway 89A.
Where To Stay
Highway 89A is the busiest and most interesting street in town, with stores, restaurants, bars and movie theatres, so visitors might find this area more convenient than the mainly residential streets to the north. However, hotels in this side of town have more a city feel to them, so you might want to head west on the highway to get a room with unobstructed views of the red rocks.